Fair Price? 2020 Rubicon Recon

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So I have been screwing around trying to buy a Jeep for a month, dealer sold a White Rubicon Recon out from under me, found another and the best I can do is get 4% below invoice. $60,615 MSRP, purchase price $54,630 - that is about 4% below invoice ($57,009). I have an affiliate number I am using and that is included. This is the right color and I love the Recon edition, I just don’t think 4% below invoice is a fair deal? Am I being unreasonable? Thoughts? Appreciate this community. Thanks!
Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
So I have been screwing around trying to buy a Jeep for a month, dealer sold a White Rubicon Recon out from under me, found another and the best I can do is get 4% below invoice. $60,615 MSRP, purchase price $54,630 - that is about 4% below invoice ($57,009). I have an affiliate number I am using and that is included. This is the right color and I love the Recon edition, I just don’t think 4% below invoice is a fair deal? Am I being unreasonable? Thoughts? Appreciate this community. Thanks!
If they are selling out from under you then that should be your answer.
Markets are driven by supply and demand.

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Well that was one vehicle that we did not agree on a price for and that I had no deposit on so some of that is my responsibility.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
As in demand in my area as the Recons are(2 dealers both sold all 7 they each had within 7 days), I say it's not a bad deal. Plus, i hear once this round of Recons are sold, they are done with that edition until 2022...I snagged mine literally right off the truck from a 3rd dealer and got about the same price deal...

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
As in demand in my area as the Recons are(2 dealers both sold all 7 they each had within 7 days), I say it's not a bad deal. Plus, i hear once this round of Recons are sold, they are done with that edition until 2022...I snagged mine literally right off the truck from a 3rd dealer and got about the same price deal...
Great feedback - thank you! I appreciate that! Makes me feel a little better about 4% below invoice. Thanks!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My dealership is high volume and always has Wranglers. Except for now. They have no new Wranglers and haven´t had them for some time. They have a couple Gladiators, and that is it. I think 4% below invoice is a great deal right now. I´d bet some dealerships are selling at sticker.

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My dealership is high volume and always has Wranglers. Except for now. They have no new Wranglers and haven´t had them for some time. They have a couple Gladiators, and that is it. I think 4% below invoice is a great deal right now. I´d bet some dealerships are selling at sticker.

Awesome - thanks Don - greatly appreciate that feedback. That makes me more comfortable.

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
If you feel like cruising to Vegas. My dealership hooked me up, and they have Recons. 3 of them. I got my JLUR for discounted from $52k down to $44k.

You just gotta beat them over the head until the deal becomes a mini..Then the salesman will move mountains to get his $100 off the deal. Worked for me!

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If you feel like cruising to Vegas. My dealership hooked me up, and they have Recons. 3 of them. I got my JLUR for discounted from $52k down to $44k.

You just gotta beat them over the head until the deal becomes a mini..Then the salesman will move mountains to get his $100 off the deal. Worked for me!
Excellent deal you have there, not sure if that is MSRP - but great deal - 15% off! Fantastic job - almost worth driving to Vegas compared to 4% off!

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase

Was your deal on a Recon????? or Non Recon Rubicon??

Sponsored

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
Was your deal on a Recon????? or Non Recon Rubicon??
Just a basic Rubicon with decent options.. LED, Aux, Proximity, and Safety..

didn't want leather or color matched anything..the desert is rough out here!

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Just a basic Rubicon with decent options.. LED, Aux, Proximity, and Safety..

didn't want leather or color matched anything..the desert is rough out here!
Very competitive prices out there in Vegas. As I said I am looking at $60,615 MSRP and purchase price of $54,630 about $5985 off, so not as competitive as out there. I offered them less with a deposit check and they said no - not sure what else I could have done.

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
Was $52,000 the MSRP? Or was that the price advertised on the website? Looking for a JLUR for my wife and we will be in Vegas this month!
yeah, that was the MSRP, they originally had it discounted to 46,108, which I was kind of cool with TBH. I was trading in a my Mojito! Sahara. They gave me 34,500 for the trade. I played the whole, "let me go talk to my wife.." bit (wife was WAY down with whatever, she's awesome). As I was about to "leave" dude hit me with, "take it now for 44,108." I was like "where's that f-n bell??" lol..

Salesman told me I was in mini territory because of the $6k discount originally, so he said lets sell the cheapest Rubi in the country..And I was a very HAPPY buyer. Every time I get un that Jeep, I love it more.

So to answer your question, the price they had advertised was around $46K, and that's probably what they had on their website.

Took my buddy there a month later and he bought a JTR with a 2" mopar lift, Pro Comp wheels, and 37" MT Bajas....for $60. Just at what MSRP was. That was a fun day too..We brought our "salesman whooping stick" that day!

All in all, they're a great dealer, and they want to make a deal when you're there..so make sure you bring that stick!
Sponsored