Fair Price? 2020 Rubicon Recon

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
Very competitive prices out there in Vegas. As I said I am looking at $60,615 MSRP and purchase price of $54,630 about $5985 off, so not as competitive as out there. I offered them less with a deposit check and they said no - not sure what else I could have done.
you probably did all you could..It seems some dealers are willing to do more than others..The one out here does a lot of volume, so they seem to be more flexible.

I hope you get the best deal you can so you have a lot of money for mods! I took a beating because I only had the JLUS for about 2 months before I got the JLUR. So I took a little beating too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So here are the deals I am considering. Please take a look any and all guidance is appreciated.
Well shoot I do not know how to upload a spreadsheet!

Vtechfi

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
yeah, that was the MSRP, they originally had it discounted to 46,108, which I was kind of cool with TBH. I was trading in a my Mojito! Sahara. They gave me 34,500 for the trade. I played the whole, "let me go talk to my wife.." bit (wife was WAY down with whatever, she's awesome). As I was about to "leave" dude hit me with, "take it now for 44,108." I was like "where's that f-n bell??" lol..

Salesman told me I was in mini territory because of the $6k discount originally, so he said lets sell the cheapest Rubi in the country..And I was a very HAPPY buyer. Every time I get un that Jeep, I love it more.

So to answer your question, the price they had advertised was around $46K, and that's probably what they had on their website.

Took my buddy there a month later and he bought a JTR with a 2" mopar lift, Pro Comp wheels, and 37" MT Bajas....for $60. Just at what MSRP was. That was a fun day too..We brought our "salesman whooping stick" that day!

All in all, they're a great dealer, and they want to make a deal when you're there..so make sure you bring that stick!
Thank you for telling me that! We are checking out their website now. Vacation planned in Utah, so the drive there shouldnā€™t be that far. Also, found a dealership in OR that has very nice Rubiā€™s - will have to see how they react to the price discussion!

Anthony4579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Tried buying a Rubicon yesterday. They were only willing to come $3,900 off of a $59.5k sticker (all funded by Jeep with partner discount and the $1,500 off offer). Which I probably would have done if they didnā€™t low ball me on my ā€˜17 Winter Edition JKU with only 23,000 miles on it. They offered $28.7k For it, I tried to get them to $30.6k but they refused.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Yes I just went to place a deposit and they already sold it and it does not come in for two weeks. So this is the third one I have missed. Really scumbag dealership I am dealing with in Florida. Just perpetuates the bad reputation that car dealers have. I just donā€™t think getting a Jeep is in the cards for me.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
So I have been screwing around trying to buy a Jeep for a month, dealer sold a White Rubicon Recon out from under me, found another and the best I can do is get 4% below invoice. $60,615 MSRP, purchase price $54,630 - that is about 4% below invoice ($57,009). I have an affiliate number I am using and that is included. This is the right color and I love the Recon edition, I just donā€™t think 4% below invoice is a fair deal? Am I being unreasonable? Thoughts? Appreciate this community. Thanks!
You already have a good deal, but you'd likely be better off (i.e. happier) with a worse deal on an ordered unit that has EXACTLY what you want. The chase for the absolute best price is overrated and stressful. And...buying off the lot generally requires compromise on configuration.

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You already have a good deal, but you'd likely be better off (i.e. happier) with a worse deal on an ordered unit that has EXACTLY what you want. The chase for the absolute best price is overrated and stressful. And...buying off the lot generally requires compromise on configuration.
That is very good advise, thank you. One twist you cannot get order a 2020 Rubicon Recon. But I agree on the train of thought and appreciate your comments.
Sponsored