Sponsored

Flat towing behind an rv.

OrangeWave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I just finished installing the plate but the directions don't say where to mount the bracket for the umbilical charge plug. How did you mount yours?

BTW, mine was a really tight fit too and I ended up getting it started and then jacking up the baseplate with a floor jack to slide it up far enough to install the bolts.
Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Love that Mojito Rubicon (just like mine). You going to paint the motorhome to match?

OK, got the nut certs today (rivet certs). I ordered M10x1.50. they fit perfect. I used one of the original bolts and screwed it all the way in to the nut cert and tapped it with a hammer. I included a picture of 2 nut certs, one that is collapsed and one that is not for those that don't know how they work. Easy install up until the supplied skid plate from Demco. If you lay it on the ground in front of you with the part with the cut outs that attach to the bumper towards you and up. Both outer mount points were not even close to lining up with the holes. I had to take it back off and persuade it with a large rubber mallet. They both needed to go "in" and the lip needed to be flattened out. It is possible this happed during shipping, but both were exactly the same, of). You can slide the bumper on a bit to mark where you need to cut. I had to cut the bumper twice as the directions didn't really say.. I attached the wrong pic, the cut with my hand behind it is too short. The reference is, the skin is aluminum, on the inside of the bumper there is a steal support. I cut about an 1/8 into the steal support. (You will understand when you do it)

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
Love that Mojito Rubicon (just like mine). You going to paint the motorhome to match?
HOLY CRAP!!! THATS GENIUS!!! Talking to the wife tonight.... That would be a lot of Mojito... haha
Sponsored