First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I'm not upgrading my stock in-dash system to aftermarket. It is too integrated and I actually think it is fairly user friendly. But I’d like some improvement, without splicing, and minimal cable routing. I like this - I really like the idea of this plug-n-play upgrade. No splicing. I’m hoping Alpine re-evaluates their price point. But I doubt it. I think Alpine is setting the price at: “what-you-would-have-paid-had-you-got-the-oem-option”

It is a tough pill to swallow... the exact sub $300, tweeters $120, amp $150. Exact. Same. Parts. So, Alpine, a steel bracket, a connector/harness - $730??? Come on, Alpine.

I’m absolutely not knocking anyone for going this route, it’s a great option. I’m hoping some of the great fabricator vendors that frequent this forum make a similar bracket, and a similar t-harness becomes available...that might make it more palatable for me.
Net audio can build you the harness for maybe less than 100. Seriously shame on Alpine for this ripoff kit.
Sponsored

Greg Cobble

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Ya, and people that pay it are reasons companies continue to screw the consumer over.

Seriously when I saw that video I thought at best that was 600 or less. But at 1300!! Holy crap. I guess there’s suckers born every day lol.
Well, we have a winner! I have not been on the forum long but after reading 4 or 5 hundred post only one can take the crown as most condescending, most egotistical, most lacking in common courtesy and respect.
I don't believe that when a company offers for sale a product, that any description of the choice to buy should be described as getting screwed over. Many individuals living in the deep south or even on the north pole would probably say "take it or leave it".
Then to the most telling part where a forum member refers to another enthusiast with "I guess there's suckers born every day", of course with the obligatory bookend "lol" to make it all the more insulting.....it was weak!
If someone wants to review a product, then buy it and use it and give your review. I was appreciating those that did just that.
I guess some might think throwing in a "Ya" every once in a while is cute and I can get that. But it can be tiresome reading through the "there's suckers" and "people that pay it are reasons" examples of why going to an english class can be worthwhile.

Now ya folks hanging on these words of wisdom best get out there and use some sense spending your paychecks.
Oh...........LOL

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Right on. But what I said still stands. It’s an overpriced kit. And they charge that much because people pay it.

My comments were out of line and apologize for that. I just hate when companies overprice a lot of their products that when separated really amount to half of what it should be.

Last edited:

Greg Cobble

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Right on. But what I said still stands. It’s an overpriced kit. And they charge that much because people pay it.

My comments were out of line and apologize for that. I just hate when companies overprice a lot of their products that when separated really amount to half of what it should be.
I know I need to shut up as I was no better and maybe worse !
Best to EVERYONE!!!

Sponsored

ABar112

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Well I'm happy with my purchase of it. I could have gone cheaper, deeper bass/bigger amp/sub, but with this kit, I don't have to worry about my dogs or daughter messing up a sub in the back. I didn't lose any cargo space at all and the kit is so easy to install that my 14 year old daughter had fun helping me put it in. And that my friends is priceless time spent. Can you go bigger, better, cheaper? Of course. Is Alpine selling an overpriced kit? Of course. But everyone buys what fits their needs.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
This guy seems to have had his installer create a new custom Soundbar for his JL. It allows for significantly larger speakers. I wonder if the audio shop still has the mold they used to make it. If so, maybe they could make more.

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Just installed the infinity 3032s in the dash which wasn’t a perfect fit but went in ok after slightly bending the brackets. No big deal. The sound bar was way off and so I drilled new holes.

The sound is amazing. I have a 12 speaker top of the line lexicon system in my other car and this is 90% there after changing those 4 speakers out. Highly recommend

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Just installed the infinity 3032s in the dash which wasn’t a perfect fit but went in ok after slightly bending the brackets. No big deal. The sound bar was way off and so I drilled new holes.

The sound is amazing. I have a 12 speaker top of the line lexicon system in my other car and this is 90% there after changing those 4 speakers out. Highly recommend
So you put the 3.5” in sound bar and top dash?

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you put the 3.5” in sound bar and top dash?
Correct. Looks like they are 45 for a pair now so great deal. Highs are great but the bass is below average. The 4 inch speakers are supposed to cover the bass but I didn’t put the bass blockers on to help with it as well. Overall sounds much better than before

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Correct. Looks like they are 45 for a pair now so great deal. Highs are great but the bass is below average. The 4 inch speakers are supposed to cover the bass but I didn’t put the bass blockers on to help with it as well. Overall sounds much better than before
For those of you that installed the INFINITY Speakers or any other for that matter, what Speaker Wiring harness did you use? I had gotten this one which supposedly fits my JEEP https://www.crutchfield.com/g_103100/Speaker-Wiring-Harnesses.html but it wasn't the right one. It was too big.

I believe I need the METRA 72-7902 ones.

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Yup, ordered the 7902 and worked perfectly. Sound is 100x better and that was just the dash

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
It’s been about 12 years since I left installing equipment and a lot has changed with databus in newer cars. I haven’t purchased an adapter yet but the iDatalink looks like a great plug and play solution. They make adapters for replacing the stock radio or adding aftermarket amplifiers. My plan is to use the DSR 1 dsp unit, 5 1/4” separates up front, undecided on the sound bar, 6 channel amp bridged to 4 channels, subwoofer amp, and a single 10” subwoofer. I also have a pair of 8” midbass speakers I may try to make fiberglass enclosures for under the front seats. The separates, amplifiers, and midbass speakers I have already.

Maestro AR interface
http://maestro.idatalink.com/product/product/product_id/412

Maestro DSR 1 interface and dsp
http://maestro.idatalink.com/product/product/product_id/574

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
This guy seems to have had his installer create a new custom Soundbar for his JL. It allows for significantly larger speakers. I wonder if the audio shop still has the mold they used to make it. If so, maybe they could make more.

Looks like an interesting idea. The sound bar is a one off build. I doubt the shop made a mold of it. It could be replicated but your original sound bar would have to be used.
Sponsored