ABar112

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Be sure to post a review once you have the install finished.
Just curious, What kind of problems is the seat bracket giving you?
It's just not lining up how it should...maybe I set the sub down and bent an arm, it lined up with the holes fine by itself, but when I put the seat on, I've only been able to opposite corners to tighten. Im hoping I just got frustrated and not holding my tongue right and tomorrow it will all line up like a champ. I ran the power cable through the fire wall vs the drain plug like the directions wanted, and that is what got me all chapped. Doing it by myself I was playing hell trying to make a pass through hole. But I found the small second battery lol. It's right where you want to go through at.
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT

Charles7970

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro ZL1, 2018 Jeep JL Sport S Unlimited

ABar112

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Be sure to post a review once you have the install finished.
Just curious, What kind of problems is the seat bracket giving you?
So I got the seat lined back up. Took like ten minutes this go around. I think me getting tried and running out of light played into my woes last night with the seat. So with the doors and top off, it is much louder than before and sounds cleaner (was going about 65-70mph). The sub you can kinda hear, but I wasn’t expecting much out of it with everything off. I’ll put my hard top back on tomorrow and see how that sounds...I imagine the same as it does with the top off in my garage, but I may want to buy the headliner for it down the road. I may tweak with the amp settings after a couple days and various music genres playing through it. But off the rip the settings in the directions for the sub did not impress, but that could be my music choice or the files on the usb vary in quality too.

Sponsored

pianomankd

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
Y’all realize you are paying $1300 for $500 worth of audio components right?
Okay? And?

I'm very happy with my purchase, how it sounds, and the upgrade and convenience this package offered me.

Spend your money how you'd like and we'll spend our how we "ya'll" will like.

Thanks!

Lyleb80

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Looking to make the system in my new JL sound better. I opted for the non-Alpine system and I am now kind of kicking myself for it, as it isn't that great. Would like to add a 6 channel amp and put some higher end speakers in the factory locations. Would also like to add an aftermarket (small) powered sub as well. Anyone have any insight into this? I have scoured the web and can't really find anything that goes over adding a amplifier to the stock system.
jl audio has speakers in R&D at this moment for the new Jeep JL and as for upgrading with a sub I put in a Rockford Fosgate R500xd1 amp and built a sub box 46x26x6.
5 with 2 rockford fosgate R2D2-10" subs and it has made a big improvement in the stock sound, the box fits behind the back seat and across the bed. I have the 5" indash and stock speaker. research how to install aftermarket amp in a jeep jl and you will find a link to the wiring for it on jlforum

Charles7970

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You butchered that, no need to get bent out of shape - just pointing out the cost of the components - glad your happy with it.
For me it was retaining the factory look, adding some power to all the speakers with the 4 channel capability along with the easy plug and play adapters :fingerscrossed:

Last edited:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Y’all realize you are paying $1300 for $500 worth of audio components right?
Ya, and people that pay it are reasons companies continue to screw the consumer over.

Seriously when I saw that video I thought at best that was 600 or less. But at 1300!! Holy crap. I guess there’s suckers born every day lol.

Sponsored

Charles7970

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya, and people that pay it are reasons companies continue to screw the consumer over.

Seriously when I saw that video I thought at best that was 600 or less. But at 1300!! Holy crap. I guess there’s suckers born every day lol.
So is paying 300 bucks for seat covers lol... to each their own.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So is paying 300 bucks for seat covers lol... to each their own.
Not the same at all, JL or any other vehicle for that matter that have direct trim fit will cost $300 or more.

Paying 130% mark up for audio components is just ripping people off. If they were including door and sound bar speakers (similar to the JK) it may be more of a cost effective upgrade.

The factory Alpine upgrade is cheaper and you get more than what you get with this package.

Charles7970

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not the same at all, JL or any other vehicle for that matter that have direct trim fit will cost $300 or more.

Paying 130% mark up for audio components is just ripping people off. If they were including door and sound bar speakers (similar to the JK) it may be more of a cost effective upgrade.

The factory Alpine upgrade is cheaper and you get more than what you get with this package.
Hey more power to the people that can find a cheaper aftermarket solution.. but I would like to see someone price out such a package with enclosure, sub, Mono amp, 4 channel amp, aftermarket radio (with an ugly dash kit) which will require splicing wires vs quick connectors together from Alpine. lol this is coming from someone that's done car stereo installs for 7 years.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not upgrading my stock in-dash system to aftermarket. It is too integrated and I actually think it is fairly user friendly. But I’d like some improvement, without splicing, and minimal cable routing. I like this - I really like the idea of this plug-n-play upgrade. No splicing. I’m hoping Alpine re-evaluates their price point. But I doubt it. I think Alpine is setting the price at: “what-you-would-have-paid-had-you-got-the-oem-option”

It is a tough pill to swallow... the exact sub $300, tweeters $120, amp $150. Exact. Same. Parts. So, Alpine, a steel bracket, a connector/harness - $730??? Come on, Alpine.

I’m absolutely not knocking anyone for going this route, it’s a great option. I’m hoping some of the great fabricator vendors that frequent this forum make a similar bracket, and a similar t-harness becomes available...that might make it more palatable for me.