Rubicon having issue going up the same terrain while sport easily went up

Nutcracker

First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon
Lol...do you have any idea what it takes to break a Jeep axle? You guys were in some soft sand and your driving was not even in the realm of possibly sorta close to needing to worry about breaking an axle.

And I'm not sure what you're basing your statement on when you say it should work with "low to little pedal." Were you one of the engineers that designed it? I have no idea how much slippage is required to trip the threshold for BLD to engage, but there's definitely a threshold. It certainly doesn't engage the second one tire slips an inch with the throttle at idle. Gotta give it some gas
Jeep Axles are not as hard to break as you think. I broke a front axle in my 2005 Rubicon pulling a tree out of the woods recently.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Tazel JL lets you run your lockers in 4H? front and rear? what about top speed? I would assume rear locker for sand? etc
That’s the way I’m reading this.

Brett

ECA364F9-D3FB-41AD-BE64-12158021456D.png

Nutcracker

First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon
No offense to the Rubicon Crowd but a Sport with LSD is actually a better JEEP for all around use IMO. And by that I mean, Beach running, overloading, etc. Don't get me wrong. The Lockers are great, but I'd rather have a SPORT with LSD and a Locker in the FRONT than to have the Rubicon's Open Diff Setup. Not to mention, I think the Rubi Lockers only work in 4-Lo and about 20k more LOL.

Now change my mind :)
In my 2005 Rubicon I modified the locker switch so I could lock in any range. Now I need to know if this is possible in a 2019 JL Rubicon. It can be beneficial to lock your axles in 4H.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That’s the way I’m reading this.

Brett

ECA364F9-D3FB-41AD-BE64-12158021456D.png
I believe that to be incorrect.The tazerjl does not have a feature to engage the lockers but a feature to say you have lockers.

For example, If you don't have lockers and then purchase them separately the tazerjl will let you turn on the locker feature so you can use the locker buttons as intended.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I believe that to be incorrect.The tazerjl does not have a feature to engage the lockers but a feature to say you have lockers.

For example, If you don't have lockers and then purchase them separately the tazerjl will let you turn on the locker feature so you can use the locker buttons as intended.
Well that sucks. I was looking forward to that option. I’ll try to reach out to them and see if it’s something that will come down the line soon

Brett

Sponsored

Lord-Maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jk
Well that sucks. I was looking forward to that option. I’ll try to reach out to them and see if it’s something that will come down the line soon

Brett
At least to like 20 miles an hour etc like the sway bar disc

Petey003

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAM TRX, 2018 JLUR, 1996 H1 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Commercial Operations (TWF)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the other time that he got stuck. Very similar to what occurred today. Front driver wheels goes up in the air and BLd doesn’t do the work until he engages the lockers needless to say I went up the same trail right after him with no fuss what so ever

Hey All!

Looks like the Rubicon is on more of a "street" set up. Look at the size of his rims and profile of the tire. The sport is set up much better for actually being off road with smaller rims and bigger sidewall on tires.

Swap the wheels and tires and you'll see an immediate swap of results. :)

Lord-Maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jk
Ok, I hate to say it......But yeah your shit's Broke Take it back and go buy a Subaru!

Last edited:

Sponsored

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
How does one know they have BSD?

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
That shows nothing, it's all about how the drive stopped