Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 2 door sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
ENGINEER
Horsepower is a function of torque, 550 ft pounds a second is 1 horsepower
and you can have both torque and horsepower applied to a wheel and still not get it moving. Which is a concept in physics that can take a bit to wrap your brain around.

Torque is rotational force.
I can apply torque to a wheel or to a bolt and the wheel remains stationary because I haven’t applied enough torque yet.

similar to when you try to push a car forward. You apply force. But the car is heavy and your force doesn’t make it move.

once the torque force is high enough movement happens and the wheel will rotate.

a wheel in the air or on ice has zero traction and doesn’t require much torque to make it rotate.

a wheel on the ground with traction requires a lot of torque because if it rotates it must move the entire weight of the jeep forward.
Sponsored

bllprk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 WK CRD
I have a sport. I am about to re-gear. Will adding a LSD in the rear help when off-roading? Is it better than BLD? How is it better?

They seem to do the exact same thing. Both are designed to give power to the non-spinning tire. Both require a spinning tire.

I am looking at the Nitro Helix.

Does it react faster? Does it stay ‘locked’ longer? Will I experience less slipping tires?

Thank you

Last edited:

Sponsored

AutoCompanion

Sponsored