Dealer Messed Up Order. Is limited anti-slip differential important?

Kyanche

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Have them cancel the order and create a new one, not because of the LSD, but for the rear D44.
Whoa! Suddenly I'm ok with buying a Sahara, provided it gets the LSD.

Advertisement

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
My dealer forgot to add the LED package on my original build and already had a new one ordered for me since it was too late to add it. If it's a good dealer, they will make it up to you. They build the Wranglers very quickly, so it should not hold you up much. My new order went to D1 in 4 days. It takes 19 hours to build one. Shipping is what takes 2-3 weeks sadly. The small extra wait is worth many years with vehicle you want.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S, 03 Toyota 4Runner, Infiniti G37, Toyota T100 (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
That's the one item that I kick myself for not ordering. For $560 it's SO MUCH WIN, a beefier Dana 44 and tires that aren't meant for a Toyota Sienna.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Hi - Just got my build sheet for my JL Sport S and noticed the dealer forgot to add the LSD and all-terrain tires. Obviously the dealer can take care of the tires, but how big of a deal is NOT having the anti-slip? I'm tempted to have them start over, but my build is already two weeks in and about two weeks from completion, or so I'm told. Opinions?
Start over. It's a non-negotiable option on a Jeep.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Hi - Just got my build sheet for my JL Sport S and noticed the dealer forgot to add the LSD and all-terrain tires. Obviously the dealer can take care of the tires, but how big of a deal is NOT having the anti-slip? I'm tempted to have them start over, but my build is already two weeks in and about two weeks from completion, or so I'm told. Opinions?
Yes. It is that important, IMO.

ODDs

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
That's the one item that I kick myself for not ordering. For $560 it's SO MUCH WIN, a beefier Dana 44 and tires that aren't meant for a Toyota Sienna.
Hey, my Sienna has better tires than those HT's!

43657110931_105ed1725f_c.jpg
Sienna TRD 4x4 by m1kgyver, on Flickr

Dusty

First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Holy cow! That's an enormous mistake! The rear LSD is as important a feature on non-Rubicons as the 2-speed transfer case is. The Dana 44 axle is a key feature, too! The Dana 44 (M220) and LSD combined make that $695 order line the best deal in Jeepland. Don't go home without it.

Dusty

First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
is the anti-spin kit an LSD? the website didnt really explain it very well. i have the anti-spin kit. just not sure if i have lsd or not. i thought the lsd was an option on higher up models (i have basic Sport).

would worn out LSD be covered under warranty or is that just considered a wearable part?
A worn out LSD is a covered by warranty item. Anti-spin and limited slip are much the same. A Dana 44 (M220) is the Holy grail.

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2005 Jeep Liberty
What's your planned use/mods? It'll only matter in moderate to heavy off road use and if you plan to run larger (35"+) tires. If you plan to do light off roading and keep it stock it won't make much of a difference.
Disagree. Can come into play in 4 hi or 2 hi on-road in slippery conditions like rain or snow. In that way it is better than lockers for on-road use.

Advertisement

JTopsUSA

Advertisement