Sponsored

Dealer Messed Up Order. Is limited anti-slip differential important?

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
My dealer forgot to add the LED package on my original build and already had a new one ordered for me since it was too late to add it. If it's a good dealer, they will make it up to you. They build the Wranglers very quickly, so it should not hold you up much. My new order went to D1 in 4 days. It takes 19 hours to build one. Shipping is what takes 2-3 weeks sadly. The small extra wait is worth many years with vehicle you want.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
That's the one item that I kick myself for not ordering. For $560 it's SO MUCH WIN, a beefier Dana 44 and tires that aren't meant for a Toyota Sienna.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Hi - Just got my build sheet for my JL Sport S and noticed the dealer forgot to add the LSD and all-terrain tires. Obviously the dealer can take care of the tires, but how big of a deal is NOT having the anti-slip? I'm tempted to have them start over, but my build is already two weeks in and about two weeks from completion, or so I'm told. Opinions?
Start over. It's a non-negotiable option on a Jeep.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Hi - Just got my build sheet for my JL Sport S and noticed the dealer forgot to add the LSD and all-terrain tires. Obviously the dealer can take care of the tires, but how big of a deal is NOT having the anti-slip? I'm tempted to have them start over, but my build is already two weeks in and about two weeks from completion, or so I'm told. Opinions?
Yes. It is that important, IMO.

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
That's the one item that I kick myself for not ordering. For $560 it's SO MUCH WIN, a beefier Dana 44 and tires that aren't meant for a Toyota Sienna.
Hey, my Sienna has better tires than those HT's!

43657110931_105ed1725f_c.jpg
Sienna TRD 4x4 by m1kgyver, on Flickr

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Holy cow! That's an enormous mistake! The rear LSD is as important a feature on non-Rubicons as the 2-speed transfer case is. The Dana 44 axle is a key feature, too! The Dana 44 (M220) and LSD combined make that $695 order line the best deal in Jeepland. Don't go home without it.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
is the anti-spin kit an LSD? the website didnt really explain it very well. i have the anti-spin kit. just not sure if i have lsd or not. i thought the lsd was an option on higher up models (i have basic Sport).

would worn out LSD be covered under warranty or is that just considered a wearable part?
A worn out LSD is a covered by warranty item. Anti-spin and limited slip are much the same. A Dana 44 (M220) is the Holy grail.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
What's your planned use/mods? It'll only matter in moderate to heavy off road use and if you plan to run larger (35"+) tires. If you plan to do light off roading and keep it stock it won't make much of a difference.
Disagree. Can come into play in 4 hi or 2 hi on-road in slippery conditions like rain or snow. In that way it is better than lockers for on-road use.

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I fell in the Jeep world by « accident »… In 2019, I was returning a leased Ram early, and they actually gave me money for it, so I was kind of bound to get a new ride from the dealer. Signed for a Sahara JLU that was on the lot without doing any research on the product. Never intended to wheel it either. So I ended up with a JLU with open diffs. 2 years later I joined a local wheeling club and started doing trails… with a leased Jeep. Loved it so much that I bought the Jeep at the end of the lease, and added skid plates, stock size KM3s so I would stop staining my pants when the going gets rough and have better grip.I call my Jeep the Marketplace special since I found the tires (take offs from a new Willis Glad), the rock sliders from a JLUR, and the rearvdiff place from a guy that sold his JLU. The rough country skid plates were bought from Amazon at 30% off what Rough Country and other sites were selling them for. But I digress -bak to the diff…

The standard electronic brake actuated « limited slip » diff allows me to do moderate trails with no issue at all - it is quite reactive, actually. I live in the country side of Montreal, and we get snow form December until April, and I have no issue since that electronic LSD works as it should. In any case, if you plan on wheeling this thing hard, you’ll need more than a LSD - true lockers on beefier axles will be a better investment. I’m at that place where it’s either cheap lunchbox lockers on my D35 back /D30 front in order to make it a tad more capable on weak axles or go crazy and do D44 with e- or ARB lockers upgrades front and back. However, this Jeep is a daily driver, therefore I need to find the balance between a trail capable machine and a smooth ride on pavement.

And honestly, a stock Sport is actually the most cost efficient base platform for upgrades since you did not pay for stuff you’ll throw away later…

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
If it's in D status he can call his area manager and they can usually add an option that was missed.
Sponsored