Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Looks like they are making the LED daytime running lights in the fenders an option..? Even the Jeep Cherokee comes with LED DRLs standard. and they're giving us the horrible headlights that are standard on the current JK. :puke:

HeisenbergFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4XE 2021 Infinity QX80
Thats pretty disappointing Jeep feels people only willing to spend more money should be able to see decently at night still.

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Thats pretty disappointing Jeep feels people only willing to spend more money should be able to see decently at night still.
Seriously. Manufacturers penny pinching like this with safety components is annoying.

HID is still optional on the 2017 Cherokee Sport and standard on all trims above Sport. Might be what to expect for the Wrangler too.

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
What's even more strange, is that this appears to be a Rubicon running incandescent lights.

Sponsored

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
And then we have this mule below, running on new rims we haven't seen yet.
Rims that are similar to, but definitely different from, the 2017 Winter Edition. I wonder if this is a situation like in 2007 where the 2006 Rubicon wheels were the same design (different bolt pattern) as the 2007 alloy wheels?

Jeep Wrangler JL Two new spottings today {filename}

The primary difference I see is that the curve of the D windows on the 2017 wheel includes the lug nut and the future wheel has the curve between the lugs.

OP
OP
MockBarbecue82

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
Best case scenario: They threw halogens in this mule due to a parts shortage/etc., but they wont make it to the final assembly. OR it's a projector halogen (I've been in a Subaru that had exceptional visibility with halogens).
Fingers crossed
Jeep Wrangler JL Two new spottings today {filename}
that the LED's are standard though.

Ernie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Didn't they give the 2017's LEDs? or is it an added option and how much?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Didn't they give the 2017's LEDs? or is it an added option and how much?

Standard on Sahara & Rubicon (plus some special editions), $595 upgrade on Sport for "LED lighting group" (head+fog)

Sponsored

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
It is. Looks like the Premium Lighting Group will be an option.
That's disappointing. Is the premium lighting group going to come standard on Sahara/Rubicon at least? Is it full LED (front, tail, fogs and interior) all around?

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
It's currently a $595 option, so we can now assume such will be the case in November. Figure since this rubicon has incandescent, that it will certainly be an option on all packages, as strange a decision as that seems.

Gotta also wonder how many geysers in focus group felt that HID/LED/projectors are "too modern" "too pretty" "not rugged" or some other such nonsense.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Or if I'm to be an optimist, these lights can toggle kelvin between 3000K-6000K, depending on conditions like fog, where a yellower beam is actually more optimal ... I'd like to see a salesman sell that variability to off readers as a benefit lol

Ernie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Standard on Sahara & Rubicon (plus some special editions), $595 upgrade on Sport for "LED lighting group" (head+fog)
Thanks, I guess that is what we'll be getting for the JL. For that price I really wish it would include some better dome/ambient lighting on the inside.