What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Birdman

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL
I think this thread should be renamed: "What did your mechanic do TO your Jeep JL today?" Or some posts should start with "I took my JL(U) to the mechanic/dealer etc. and they..."
Man that’s a elitists statement thought we were just showing off what we love. Not all of us have the time to do it ourselves was just sharing. You don’t like the post don’t read it how about that!

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
My questions were serious ones, sorry if it didnt sound it. Jeez talk about taking things way out of context.
They are good stuff... never EVER use an ABC extinguisher on the engine of a modern vehicle you hope to keep!

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
do the switchbacks work as DRL lights?
Hi - the switchbacks replace the front facing amber parking light/turn signal bulb. So without programming they are just that - parking lights. So you can turn them on manually or you can rewire so they are always on or if you get a programmer you should be able to program them as DRL. At the moment I just turn them on manually.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
I think this thread should be renamed: "What did your mechanic do TO your Jeep JL today?" Or some posts should start with "I took my JL(U) to the mechanic/dealer etc. and they..."
So I assume this means that if the need ever arose, you would perform surgery on yourself? I assume you never travel very far...unless you have a pilot's license. Post up some pics of the clothes you weave for yourself!

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Man that’s a elitists statement thought we were just showing off what we love. Not all of us have the time to do it ourselves was just sharing. You don’t like the post don’t read it how about that!
Some things cant be installed by oneself and has to be installed by a mechanic...like a lift kit for instance - still a mod you did to your car.

MOONBAT!!***

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
@Titan2727

Well, I was doing mods way back when you were merely a wet spot in your Dad's pants.... 8-)

My 2 dr. JL is pretty much stock. Have Ace sliders, Rigid back up lights, Mopar 3rd Brake Light Relocation kit, Black gorilla lugs, CB style antenna, Tazer JL and a few other mods. I have never said my JL was "sweet" or special.

Over the years, I have dropped hundreds of thousands of $ on mods... I know better then to do so now... I am in recovery lets say. I no longer have the modding disease. 8-)

20181016_135952.jpg
I LIKE THE ANTENNA!!!

How's the sliders with the factory ones working out? Was thinking of getting for myself...do the two "cling" at all when hit bumps??

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I LIKE THE ANTENNA!!!

How's the sliders with the factory ones working out? Was thinking of getting for myself...do the two "cling" at all when hit bumps??
The 2 dr. Ace Slider's do not touch the Rubi Rails anywhere, either on passenger or driver's side.. There is approx 3/16"+ clearance everywhere the two are close to each other. So, never ever a creak or a "cling", bumps or not. I have only had them on the JL for 4 days now. I have had Ace Slider's on different 2 dr. JK's in the past, and have been more then happy with them.

As for the $30, 24" CB Style. It's an AntennaX antenna. Reception probably took a slight hit with it, but I have not noticed same. I have used this same antenna on various JK's over the years.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EA2DMJK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Cut some custom decals to fill in the JEEP in red on the roof racks, cant wait to get these put on

IMG_0305.jpeg
Wait?!! Did you just one-up me?! Lol

Looks really cool...I may just steal your idea, I wanted to do something like that to the center caps on my rims, but not sure how they'll hold up

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Wait?!! Did you just one-up me?! Lol

Looks really cool...I may just steal your idea, I wanted to do something like that to the center caps on my rims, but not sure how they'll hold up
:cwl: as I was posting mine I literally saw yours and thought maybe I should have just done that hahahah, looks just as good!

Seemed like they stuck pretty well to the roof rack, we'll see how it holds up.

fdisker2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I assume this means that if the need ever arose, you would perform surgery on yourself? I assume you never travel very far...unless you have a pilot's license. Post up some pics of the clothes you weave for yourself!
Well, you got me. Not surgery: I have stitched myself and a few others up, having been a medic in the Army, though. The wife is pretty good with a sewing machine, so I got that covered, also.
Installing a suspension, etc. isn't rocket surgery, though. It's fine, if you can't. Just don't post that you've "done" anything to your Jeep.

Nothing more disappointing, when you're talking to the owner of a cool Jeep, classic car, etc. and finding out they had a shop do everything. Except maybe a decal or something comparable.

Last edited:

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Nothing more disappointing, when you're talking to the owner of a cool Jeep, classic car, etc. and finding out they had a shop do everything.
I can assure you it’s cool for the owners of the shops and their employees. Plus, why do you care how other people spend their time and or money?