• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Takeoff parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’m interested in hearing some opinions on this as well. The 33” KO2’s are $252 + $38 for TPMS sensors on tirerack.com. Throw $150 at each rim and you’re at ~$2,075 + shipping (including wheel/tire package discount) for a set of five. What do you guys think would be a fair price? Thx.
Ok...unless I'm mistaken, the wheels are $245 on the Mopar catalogue. That makes it $1225 ($245 X 5) for the wheels and another $1235 for the tires is $2560 for the set if bought new. With those numbers I'd say $1800 - $2000 would be right. With your numbers, I'd think $1600 - $1750. JMO.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The market won't bear that, though, based on JK Rubi wheels/tires, which often go for under 1k. I'd say 1200 to 1400, at best.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The market won't bear that, though, based on JK Rubi wheels/tires, which often go for under 1k. I'd say 1200 to 1400, at best.
You're probably correct, however if I was getting $500 - $750 off a new set of wheels and tires, I'd have to think hard about it. That would be local. Now, if I had to ship 'em, different story. We'll see after several are delivered...especially those with essentially 0 miles on 'em.

roboski845

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 rubicon recon
Does anyone have a website or Mopar catalogue that has the original 2018 jlku Rubicon wheels in it? possible part numbers ?

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
You're probably correct, however if I was getting $500 - $750 off a new set of wheels and tires, I'd have to think hard about it. That would be local. Now, if I had to ship 'em, different story. We'll see after several are delivered...especially those with essentially 0 miles on 'em.
If tires, wheels and tpms were sold as separate packages you may receive more: Tires, set of 4 or 5 @ $125.00 each. Wheels, set of 4 or 5 @ $125.00 each. TPMS $15.00 each. Total of three separate deals = $1,310.00 You could ask more, then settle in this range.

Sponsored

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just out of curiosity, how do you come up with $125 per tire and wheel? I'd get that if they had some miles on 'em...even as few as a thousand. Most of us are taking 'em off either at the dealer or within a hundred miles or so. They will be technically "used" so they won't command new prices, but 50%? I'll keep 'em as spares if that is what the market is saying. I'm thinking CL may be the way to go. I'm willing to drop down 25%-30%, but anything after that, well, I won't say never, but that would be a hard pill to swallow. A deal like this should benefit both parties...it ain't a garage sale.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Just out of curiosity, how do you come up with $125 per tire and wheel? I'd get that if they had some miles on 'em...even as few as a thousand. Most of us are taking 'em off either at the dealer or within a hundred miles or so. They will be technically "used" so they won't command new prices, but 50%? I'll keep 'em as spares if that is what the market is saying. I'm thinking CL may be the way to go. I'm willing to drop down 25%-30%, but anything after that, well, I won't say never, but that would be a hard pill to swallow. A deal like this should benefit both parties...it ain't a garage sale.
Ron, the opinion is based on selling several sets of take off tires and wheels over the years. I definitely hope that you can improve on this. Yet the market is probably at 50 to 60% of new. By selling separate, there may be more takers for the tires at a higher price. The issue with the wheels, like new, is they're 7.5" width, so while the market is there for a second set for winter tires, it may top out quickly because of wanting and choices available of wider aftermarket wheels to put 35's etc. on. Just an opinion, for what it's worth.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ron, the opinion is based on selling several sets of take off tires and wheels over the years. I definitely hope that you can improve on this. Yet the market is probably at 50 to 60% of new. By selling separate, there may be more takers for the tires at a higher price. The issue with the wheels, like new, is they're 7.5" width, so while the market is there for a second set for winter tires, it may top out quickly because of wanting and choices available of wider aftermarket wheels to put 35's etc. on. Just an opinion, for what it's worth.
Sorry if I came off snippy...wasn't my intention, but when I went back and read what I wrote, it sounded kinda crappy. We'll see what happens...still have a couple of more months to go...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I often see new JK Rubicon wheels/tire combos on JK-forum going for under 1000 even when the tires are new. You'll probably do better because the size of the tires is larger and the wheels are new. Once the JL has been out for awhile, they won't be as likely fetch a price too close to the cost of new tires. But, who knows? Until the market is flooded with them, you might do pretty well. Certainly, you will, Ron, because you'll be one of the first out with them.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
I often see new JK Rubicon wheels/tire combos on JK-forum going for under 1000 even when the tires are new. You'll probably do better because the size of the tires is larger and the wheels are new. Once the JL has been out for awhile, they won't be as likely fetch a price too close to the cost of new tires. But, who knows? Until the market is flooded with them, you might do pretty well. Certainly, you will, Ron, because you'll be one of the first out with them.
While JK tire take offs may be the only data point we have as a predictor, I don't think it's going to be a very good one. That 255 tire on the JK Rubi isn't exactly in demand. I think the JL Rubi 285 tire will see interest from JL sport owners AND owners of JK's.

Sponsored

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Sorry if I came off snippy...wasn't my intention, but when I went back and read what I wrote, it sounded kinda crappy. We'll see what happens...still have a couple of more months to go...
Not at all, we’re all in this together, how fortunate are we that we’ll soon have these JL’s to drive. Be good

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
If anyone has some close out covers they want to get rid of let me know... I'm going to put them on my JK and see if I can improve the fuel economy.

pmcgeejr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited Eco-Diesel (ready to order...)
Occupation
Network Engineer
the thread i needed if i get a sahara but leaning towards a rubicon

roboski845

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 rubicon recon
I just purchased a set of oem 2018 Rubicon wheels and to let you know the specs are the same as the jk wheel .

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
Selling: Sahara Wheels/Tires (no tpms) with the AT tire package

Buying: (if someone is selling) Steel Bumper Group from JL Rubi and 33K02 Tires if 285/70-17
If i am amble to purchase the bumpers i will sell stock Sahara Bumper...

Hope to take delivery late Feb early March in NJ

update: Looks like mid march now. Will include tpms with the wheels/tires
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.