Sponsored

JL Wrangler Build and Price Configurator now available on Jeep.com!

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Not a dumb question, Dealerships have to order their inventory from the plant. I went to the dealership and had them order a jeep to my specifications I wanted. (this also includes giving earnest money/down payment).

You get a VON (Vehicle Order Number) and it goes to the manufacturer to build it and they will send it to that dealership already marked that this is yours.

Then you go back and pay them for the balance, include TTL.

As for haggling the price, that is something you would need to do with them at that point. My father in law works for FCA, so I get the employee discount (5% below invoice) which is about as low as you're ganna go.
One correction: haggle on price AND trade before you order!
Sponsored

Willys42

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL (earlier M38A1 & 42 Willys)
Looking at Sahara colors:
I realized black, white, and shades of gray are the most popular but, I for one, am really bored by the same old-same old. On the other hand, I love the extreme colors Jeep is offering--but I would very much appreciate some middle ground.
Any chance they will offer tan or maroon anytime soon?

Thanks to all for the great discussions and the live Q & A from TFLCar in Boulder.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’m hoping that all that is lacking for the Sport S in options, will be available soon on Sport-based special edition models. (LEDs and mud terrains are the 2 most important)
Why. Both things you can get much cheaper from the aftermarket.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The red/silver metallic dash accent is a Rubicon-only feature, but I'm confused as to the color selection as well. I couldn't get rid of the red dash unless I picked the leather tan seats. However, there was a moment where it had left the dash silver when I was switching back to black cloth, but I think it's because it was bugging out. And regardless of the interior configuration, you can't get the stitched material face for the Rubicon dash at all.

I know the Rubicon only allows you red or silver, but I coulda swore they weren't tied to the seats. Of course, now I can't find it, so maybe I dreamed it.

The Build and Price configuration tool is nice (albeit flawed) from a visual design standpoint, but under the hood, it is an absolute mess. There are times where it'll include individual items that already come in packages from other sections, but it'll still add the prices of both. It relies entirely too much on asynchronous JS which is why I think people were getting timeouts, resulting in Jeeps with missing tires and what not.

This could be built much more efficiently, light-weight, and cleaner, but I would imagine there are too many cooks in the kitchen.
Dash panel color is tied to seat color.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I have been following this jeep for almost 2 years waiting to buy one. Today, I finally ordered mine.

2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Granite Clear Coat
Black Cloth Seats
3.6l Pentastar V6
8 Speed Auto
Anti-locking Rear Differentials
Select Trac Full time 4WD
Bridgestone A/T Tires
LED lighting group
Cold Weather Group
Remote Start
Heated Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Engine Block Heater (Who actually uses this?)
Electronic Infotainment Package
8.4" Display
Alpine Premium Audio
Black Freedom Top 3 piece Hardtop

Some surprises I had,

the Anti-lock rear Differentials required you to get the Select Trac full time 4WD. (Not a big issue, I was getting both anyways.)
Anti-Lock Rear Dif. do not require the premium wheels as required on the jeep builder site.
Electronic Infotainment is 1495 not 1295 MSRP.

I was also the first one to buy a 2018 JL from my local dealer so; go me!
And the total was???

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
You can do much better from the aftermarket.
First, the aftermarket doesn't exist yet for JLs. It will, but will be slim pickings for a few months. Second, quality bumpers in particular are very pricy, so spending $1400 on steel bumpers from Jeep isn't a terrible idea by any means. Third, incorporating some extras into the financing perhaps isn't the best idea, but it's not ridiculous.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Actually, I would like to know this as well as I don't want the red dash. What did you find?
Here is what I found from the Ask-a-dealer thread, and trial-error on the configuration, plus jeep.com screenshots. It seems like something they should correct as Idahho_7 because the dash color seems like it should be selectable.

-Rubicon with Orange/Blue/Green exterior gets you the heritage interior with tan leather and red dash.

Seems a bit odd to fix tan leather/red dash with those exterior rubicon colors to me! The interior would then have tan leather, black plastics, white ceiling, orange/blue/green metal, red dash. Waayy too many different things going on IMO. I could just go Granite...but I'm trying to convince myself if I replace my silver sedan to go all in with loud jeep and go for orange, maybe blue! Just can't do tan leather and red dash...just my preference.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question. Swore I hear that the Rubicon is going to come standard with the steel bumper. But it's a $1,295 option

I thought I read that too on a few sites. Maybe they were assuming it was standard, although I recall reading it would be an option for non-rubicons. Maybe it's just a site error.

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The red/silver metallic dash accent is a Rubicon-only feature, but I'm confused as to the color selection as well. I couldn't get rid of the red dash unless I picked the leather tan seats. However, there was a moment where it had left the dash silver when I was switching back to black cloth, but I think it's because it was bugging out. And regardless of the interior configuration, you can't get the stitched material face for the Rubicon dash at all.
I think it defaults to the heritage interior with tan leather and red dash when you select the orange/blue/green exteriors. Which seems a bit odd.

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
-Rubicon with Orange/Blue/Green exterior gets you the heritage interior with tan leather and red dash.
I just configured an Ocean Blue with black interior, so I think the tan is only forced for Punk'n Metallic and Mojito! paint colors. I think it looks great:

oceanblue2.jpg

Last edited:

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
These Sport S wheels look grey in this up-close photo but black in all other photos. Anyone know if these are more black or more grey?

EDIT: Image didn't embed like I wanted it to.

Attachments

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I think it defaults to the heritage interior with tan leather and red dash when you select the orange/blue/green exteriors. Which seems a bit odd.
Yeah, they need to tweak their configurator a little bit and specifically list what is added, removed, and the price difference within the group when its selected. Between that and the bugs with things not loading or updating properly, it's easy to get confused.