Sponsored

JL Wrangler Build and Price Configurator now available on Jeep.com!

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Did anybody notice that the Mojito! color choice in the configurator does not say Metallic? The Mopar-Modified Mojito! Rubicon on display at the LA Auto show is very definitely metallic. I'm hoping that Mojito! really is metallic, and that this is just (another) error in the configurator. Can anybody confirm?
LA Auto Show Wrangler JL 4 Door Rubicon Mojito Green 12.JPG
I believe your assumption is right, but I can't confirm.

How about an actual late availability DATE for these colors. Has anybody heard that?
Early March for Mojito

And what about he interior? Currently, the configurator only gives you the option for $1495 Hertiage Tan leather seats with Mojito!. Black leather, or even black cloth seats are not allowed. Surely this is just another configurator error. Right?
I was told that sometimes combos are simply just grouped that way. But, I really hope they do NOT do this by the time Mojito can be ordered. Clearly they recognize that black seats look better than tan in a Mojito Jeep based on the one they built up for the show. They also did not include the RUBICON hood decals for the show model. The hood decal has a red outline around the black letters on the Jeep builder site. I really don't want a Christmas or Watermelon themed Jeep. I believe I can ask the dealer not to apply the Rubicon decal when it arrives, but I don't want to spend 1495 on seats that I will have to pay more to replace or cover up.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The dealer does not apply the decals! and they can't ask the factory not to.

But they can scrape them off for you.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
And on a green Rubicon w black interior you will still get the red dash

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sorry if I missed this already, but is red the only dash option for the Rubicon? Just seems out of place with some exterior combos. The online config today allows selecting black vs tan interior, but the dash is still red.

TIA anyone!

EDIT: found dash discussion, page 22 of "Ask-A-Jeep-Dealer" thread...sorry for cross post!
Actually, I would like to know this as well as I don't want the red dash. What did you find?

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Actually, I would like to know this as well as I don't want the red dash. What did you find?
The factory needs to correct this error, while the Red Dash is a minor issue on an otherwise very well thought out product. There needs to be dash options on each vehicle, customer determined, not factory determined. The "Red Dash" is a miss, asking the factory to correct this miss either through the ordering process or immediate after delivery by way of accessory replacements, or both.

Sponsored

BobbyC40

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Question. Swore I hear that the Rubicon is going to come standard with the steel bumper. But it's a $1,295 option

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Question. Swore I hear that the Rubicon is going to come standard with the steel bumper. But it's a $1,295 option
Likewise, that is what I had initially thought. However, it is what it is. I am opting for the additional steel bumpers nonetheless.

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
I'm hoping when they run out of bright white from the JK/JL changeover, they move back to Stone White for 2019. I'd also love to see Inca Gold again. Land Rover Defender green would be a great color, too.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.11.53 PM SW.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.11.53 PM IG.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.11.53 PM LR.jpg

AStach09

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I have been following this jeep for almost 2 years waiting to buy one. Today, I finally ordered mine.

2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Granite Clear Coat
Black Cloth Seats
3.6l Pentastar V6
8 Speed Auto
Anti-locking Rear Differentials
Select Trac Full time 4WD
Bridgestone A/T Tires
LED lighting group
Cold Weather Group
Remote Start
Heated Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Engine Block Heater (Who actually uses this?)
Electronic Infotainment Package
8.4" Display
Alpine Premium Audio
Black Freedom Top 3 piece Hardtop

Some surprises I had,

the Anti-lock rear Differentials required you to get the Select Trac full time 4WD. (Not a big issue, I was getting both anyways.)
Anti-Lock Rear Dif. do not require the premium wheels as required on the jeep builder site.
Electronic Infotainment is 1495 not 1295 MSRP.

I was also the first one to buy a 2018 JL from my local dealer so; go me!

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Dumb question here, but I'm curious... when you all say you "ordered" your Wrangler, is this a specific Jeep thing? I never realized you could order a vehicle with all the options you wanted and then go pick it up. I just figured you waited until a nearby dealership had the Jeep you wanted (or very close to it) and you go get it. When you order, do you order through a dealership? And how do you negotiate price when you order? You don't have to pay MSRP, do you?

Sorry for the dumb question -- I'm a total Jeep newbie!

Sponsored

AStach09

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Dumb question here, but I'm curious... when you all say you "ordered" your Wrangler, is this a specific Jeep thing? I never realized you could order a vehicle with all the options you wanted and then go pick it up. I just figured you waited until a nearby dealership had the Jeep you wanted (or very close to it) and you go get it. When you order, do you order through a dealership? And how do you negotiate price when you order? You don't have to pay MSRP, do you?

Sorry for the dumb question -- I'm a total Jeep newbie!
Not a dumb question, Dealerships have to order their inventory from the plant. I went to the dealership and had them order a jeep to my specifications I wanted. (this also includes giving earnest money/down payment).

You get a VON (Vehicle Order Number) and it goes to the manufacturer to build it and they will send it to that dealership already marked that this is yours.

Then you go back and pay them for the balance, include TTL.

As for haggling the price, that is something you would need to do with them at that point. My father in law works for FCA, so I get the employee discount (5% below invoice) which is about as low as you're ganna go.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The red/silver metallic dash accent is a Rubicon-only feature, but I'm confused as to the color selection as well. I couldn't get rid of the red dash unless I picked the leather tan seats. However, there was a moment where it had left the dash silver when I was switching back to black cloth, but I think it's because it was bugging out. And regardless of the interior configuration, you can't get the stitched material face for the Rubicon dash at all.

I know the Rubicon only allows you red or silver, but I coulda swore they weren't tied to the seats. Of course, now I can't find it, so maybe I dreamed it.

The Build and Price configuration tool is nice (albeit flawed) from a visual design standpoint, but under the hood, it is an absolute mess. There are times where it'll include individual items that already come in packages from other sections, but it'll still add the prices of both. It relies entirely too much on asynchronous JS which is why I think people were getting timeouts, resulting in Jeeps with missing tires and what not.

This could be built much more efficiently, light-weight, and cleaner, but I would imagine there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Not a dumb question, Dealerships have to order their inventory from the plant. I went to the dealership and had them order a jeep to my specifications I wanted. (this also includes giving earnest money/down payment).

You get a VON (Vehicle Order Number) and it goes to the manufacturer to build it and they will send it to that dealership already marked that this is yours.

Then you go back and pay them for the balance, include TTL.

As for haggling the price, that is something you would need to do with them at that point. My father in law works for FCA, so I get the employee discount (5% below invoice) which is about as low as you're ganna go.
Wow, 5% below invoice sounds insane. Great for you! Does invoice tend to be somewhere around 10% below MSRP?

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR

AStach09

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score