Negotiating price

Jeepingainteasy18

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I have read a lot about everyone saying they are paying x amount such and such percent less then asking. My question is i plan on ordering a JL rubicon. Is this negotiating i read about only on JL's on the lot or can i still get the same deal when i order? Some of these prices are insane so im hoping i can knock a few thousand off of my order thats close to 50K.
Sponsored

WrongWheelDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, Z06 Corvette, Fiesta ST, Polaris Slingshot
Most of the 5% under invoice prices on here are for Jeep orders not on the lot. There are some dealers that extend it to on the lot vehicles but most is orders only.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I have read a lot about everyone saying they are paying x amount such and such percent less then asking. My question is i plan on ordering a JL rubicon. Is this negotiating i read about only on JL's on the lot or can i still get the same deal when i order? Some of these prices are insane so im hoping i can knock a few thousand off of my order thats close to 50K.
Look for the Massachusetts area threads, there were a few North and South of Boston who were offering 5% below on factory orders, and at least 1 I read about in Western Mass. Generally, you will do much better on a factory order, but some dealers will get close on something in stock if it's not moving quickly enough or they're high volume. Many are travelling hundreds, if not thousands of miles for the best deals, from reputable dealers in Idaho, Maryland, Arkansas, Illinois, et al.
A rig that stickers around $50k (before destination) has an invoice in the neighborhood of $47k, so at 5% below it rings in around $44,700, depending on model and options (the difference between MSRP and invoice on the vehicle itself is around 4.5%, while the difference on the options is closer to 11%).
Search the forum and you can save thousands of dollars. There are also great deals on the extended warranties, which you can buy at any dealer, not only the one where you purchase the vehicle.

Try these guys: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/best-deals-found-on-a-new-jl.2436/

OP
OP

Jeepingainteasy18

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Look for the Massachusetts area threads, there were a few North and South of Boston who were offering 5% below on factory orders, and at least 1 I read about in Western Mass. Generally, you will do much better on a factory order, but some dealers will get close on something in stock if it's not moving quickly enough or they're high volume. Many are travelling hundreds, if not thousands of miles for the best deals, from reputable dealers in Idaho, Maryland, Arkansas, Illinois, et al.
A rig that stickers around $50k (before destination) has an invoice in the neighborhood of $47k, so at 5% below it rings in around $44,700, depending on model and options (the difference between MSRP and invoice on the vehicle itself is around 4.5%, while the difference on the options is closer to 11%).
Search the forum and you can save thousands of dollars. There are also great deals on the extended warranties, which you can buy at any dealer, not only the one where you purchase the vehicle.

Try these guys: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/best-deals-found-on-a-new-jl.2436/
Thanks for the reply. just was curious if you can still get good deals on orders.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Thanks for the reply. just was curious if you can still get good deals on orders.
My guess is, the ones offering 5% below invoice (6% if you are member of Tread Lightly) will still be offering the same with the 2019. Many of those guys are not making much off the sale, but are making it up in volume. I'd reach out to Koons in VA if I was in MA. Craig Benner is the Online Forum/Ordering Manager of Koons of Tyson's Corner, Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram outside of DC. His email [email protected]. He could tell you. It's about 8 hours from you. Alot of folks on this forum have dealt with him and says he's great.

I bought mine from TriCity in Eden, NC. Travis and the dealership were fantastic and would recommend him to anybody. Just might be too much of a hike for you.

OP
OP

Jeepingainteasy18

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
My guess is, the ones offering 5% below invoice (6% if you are member of Tread Lightly) will still be offering the same with the 2019. Many of those guys are not making much off the sale, but are making it up in volume. I'd reach out to Koons in VA if I was in MA. Craig Benner is the Online Forum/Ordering Manager of Koons of Tyson's Corner, Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram outside of DC. His email [email protected]. He could tell you. It's about 8 hours from you. Alot of folks on this forum have dealt with him and says he's great.

I bought mine from TriCity in Eden, NC. Travis and the dealership were fantastic and would recommend him to anybody. Just might be too much of a hike for you.
thanks for the help ill deff look into that. just saw your comment now after i messaged you
Sponsored