Sponsored

For us who want information on the Sport S, Ace Engineering got theirs in

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I believe the d44 option is added if you add in a limited slip.
There seems to be so much confusion about the axles. Despite their Dana # nomenclature, they are next generation and supposedly stronger than JK axles. It just seems Jeep has left us in the dark regarding axle specs. I am really interested in learning more details about the front axle disconnect that Jeep has resurrected from the YJ. It seems no one is talking about this. The Four Wheeler review mentioned it. I'm not even sure if it's standard on all trims or only the Rubi.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1712-first-drive-2018-wrangler-rubicon-jl/
Sponsored

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I found it on a dealer summary sheet. It does list D44 rear axle with limited slip diff as optional on Sport but I can't find an option code for it. There is a code for the limited slip diff in the order sheet. Anti-spin diff DSA which also requires all terrain tire upgrade. It doesn't mention an upgraded axle. Guess we have to wait on Jeep for details. What's the point of only upgrading the rear axle on a 4WD rig?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...tent-colors-selec-trac-remote-proximity.2246/
Maybe said option will not be available at launch

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I would love to see detailed pics of the front axle to see how Jeep implemented the resurrection of the front axle disconnect system from the YJ.
Wait.. the JL has a front axle disconnect at the axle again?? I hadn't seen this yet, where is this shown? That would be terrible news.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
So, did they go through the normal customer process of ordering their Jeep, or did Jeep sell or loan it to them directly?

This may be the first confirmed customer delivery.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
Is this an export model? I can't see the mirrors so I don't know if the turn signals are there but that bumper and those ugly thingies that fill the gap between the bumper and fender flares are there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I just got off the phone with them and asked about the axels. He said looking at the axels, just visually, they seem about the same compared to the Jk. They haven’t gone into measuring widths or strengths yet. He also said that with those 37s, he wouldn’t DD yet. They may cruise around and just see if how driveable it is. They still need about 1.5 inches of lift. Call and let your questions fly but don’t be to annoying. :giggle: I just asked who I could speak to in regards to the JLU posted.

Edit: Direct quote from the Instagram page.

C077E1EF-0957-496F-8AA0-1F9EA2ECF163.png

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just got off the phone with them and asked about the axels. He said looking at the axels, just visually, they seem about the same compared to the Jk. They haven’t gone into measuring widths or strengths yet. He also said that with those 37s, he wouldn’t DD yet. They may cruise around and just see if how driveable it is. They still need about 1.5 inches of lift. Call and let your questions fly but don’t be to annoying. :giggle: I just asked who I could speak to in regards to the JLU posted.

Edit: Direct quote from the Instagram page.

C077E1EF-0957-496F-8AA0-1F9EA2ECF163.png
Man I hope they plan on sleeving and/or gusseting those stock axles...bad things happen with 37s on stocks....looks great though!

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Man I hope they plan on sleeving and/or gusseting those stock axles...bad things happen with 37s on stocks....looks great though!
Yeah I’m sure they were just testing out and seeing if it fits. He said they aren’t gonna drive it like that yet.

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
The front axle disconnect is electric not vacuum like the YJ. It can be easily converted too standard and and the dealership can turn it off in the program. I'm sure it won't be long and RCV will have 1 piece upgraded axles and get rid of it. It was installed to improve mpg. I think they should have just went back too locking hubs. Locking hubs are just all around better.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I’m sure they were just testing out and seeing if it fits. He said they aren’t gonna drive it like that yet.
Makes sense, he also mentioned stock lift....did they really fit 37s on a sport with no lift? I mean I know "fit" is a relative term, they probably are snug as :swear: and probably rub, but if they even barely fit, thats some pretty awesome news and gives me more hope for the Rubi to fit 37s without a lift and minor modifications/fat trimming.

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
looks like they have a jack under center to unspring it just enough to fit them. I dont see how in the world that fits well enough to even drive in a straight line, but damn it looks good.
D15FE130-AC46-43AE-8119-6214794F14F4.jpeg

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
looks like they have a jack under center to unspring it just enough to fit them. I dont see how in the world that fits well enough to even drive in a straight line, but damn it looks good.
D15FE130-AC46-43AE-8119-6214794F14F4.jpeg
If you turn the wheel at all they will rub like crazy. That can easily be seen. The rear wheel well must be much longer than the JK to fit a 37 in there, or the rear axle it set back further. The concern area is the rear bumper. Get a 3/4s width and it would be fine.

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
Is this an export model? I can't see the mirrors so I don't know if the turn signals are there but that bumper and those ugly thingies that fill the gap between the bumper and fender flares are there.
This is not the export model. Those ugly "thingies" that fill the gap between the bumper and fender come standard on the Sport and Sport S. To improve gas mileage.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is not the export model. Those ugly "thingies" that fill the gap between the bumper and fender come standard on the Sport and Sport S. To improve gas mileage.
They are removable!

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Am I the only one who isn’t a fan of the rubicon high line fenders? I say keep the stock fenders, add 37s and maybe a 2.5in lift and I’d be beyond satisfied. I’m already satisfied with how this looks. Just enough lift for complete drivability and I’d be happy.
Sponsored