Sponsored

December JL Info Sheet - Updated Package Content, Colors, Selec-Trac, Remote Proximity

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Here's the latest JL info sheet from December. This appears to be the updated version of the one posted by @DrPerez007 in this thread, but with pricing removed.

As you know there's inconsistencies among the materials FCA has released as it relates to content, standard features, options & packaging, so although this is the latest version of this sheet (with references to Passive Entry, Selec-Trac and Hella Yella), I'd caution that until we get final word to not take any of this as gospel just yet.

Note that as of this sheet, the Remote Proximity (Passive Entry) option does not appear to be included in any of the Groups.

2018_Wrangler_JL_info_Dec_2017-1.jpg
2018_Wrangler_JL_info_Dec_2017-2.jpg
2018_Wrangler_JL_info_Dec_2017-3.jpg
2018_Wrangler_JL_info_Dec_2017-4.jpg
2018_Wrangler_JL_info_Dec_2017-5.jpg
2018_Wrangler_JL_info_Dec_2017-6.jpg
2018_Wrangler_JL_info_Dec_2017-7.jpg
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Is it just me or do neither of the two pictured wheels for the Rubicon match the all-black wheel we'd seen pictured on a number of Rubi's in the lead-up?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Is it just me or do neither of the two pictured wheels for the Rubicon match the all-black wheel we'd seen pictured on a number of Rubi's in the lead-up?
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier when DanW brought it up. I think the Hella Yella black ones are the Standard Rubicon ones in Black... which often occurs for the Special Editions (like Winter) and with Hella Yella being a late availability colour, likely it’s paired as a SE combo.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier when DanW brought it up. I think the Hella Yella black ones are the Standard Rubicon ones in Black... which often occurs for the Special Editions (like Winter) and with Hella Yella being a late availability colour, likely it’s paired as a SE combo.
Unfortunately, I think the ones in the picture are the standard Rubi wheels. Otherwise, why would the description need to call out "black pockets"? The other wheel makes sense too with its description of "polished lip". I certainly hope I am wrong though!!!

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I'm really liking the stock Rubicon wheel. I won't be ordering until summer of '19, but if I had to get one today it would be a White JLUR w/ Safety, Infotainment, Cold Weather, Trail Rail, Black Hard Top, Painted Fenders, LED Lighting, & Metal Bumpers. Hoping they have some special edition Rubicon models introduced by then like the Recon.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, I think the ones in the picture are the standard Rubi wheels. Otherwise, why would the description need to call out "black pockets"? The other wheel makes sense too with its description of "polished lip". I certainly hope I am wrong though!!!
Yeah, but I mean those standard ones (top) with an additional black coating. The polished lip (bottom of the brochure image/list , middle picture here in this post) would still be the optional/available one, but a ‘not listed yet’ Special Edition one would be the Standard... but in black powder-coat, like on the Hella Yella one.

BD4EB764-3B06-4560-B3CD-2F9C90F051EE.jpeg
8BE59C3C-2A7C-4253-B342-E693A71F1BDD.jpeg

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that says the Sport and Sahara both get the Dana 44 rear axle as an option..

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Sounds likely. Once an SE comes out are some of its options made available outside of the SE offering? I really like the wheels as pictured on the Hella Yella. Of the 2 Rubi wheels currently being offered I actually like the standard ones better than the optional ones, but would ideally like those all-blacks instead.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that says the Sport and Sahara both get the Dana 44 rear axle as an option..
It says optional.

Sahara, that would likely be tied to the Selec-Trac option, but not sure how it’s optional on the Sport (maybe like the old HD option on Sport), possibly it’s like the locking rear on Sahara where it’s an option even for CommandTrac

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Yeah, but I mean those standard ones (top) with an additional black coating. The polished lip (bottom of the brochure image/list , middle picture here in this post) would still be the optional/available one, but a ‘not listed yet’ Special Edition one would be the Standard... but in black powder-coat, like on the Hella Yella one.

BD4EB764-3B06-4560-B3CD-2F9C90F051EE.jpeg
8BE59C3C-2A7C-4253-B342-E693A71F1BDD.jpeg
I hope you are right Ape!!!

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds likely. Once an SE comes out are some of its options made available outside of the SE offering? I really like the wheels as pictured on the Hella Yella. Of the 2 Rubi wheels currently being offered I actually like the standard ones better than the optional ones, but would ideally like those all-blacks instead.
I Agree, prefer blacked-out rims usually.

Sometimes the options filter back in as regular feature in following years like much of the 10A Rubi stuff did, and some of the SE tyres became options on other trims, etc.
The Willys kinda got that too, not sure how the Willys is treated in the JL line, is it a ‘permanent’ Special Edition, or what? As even just the existence of SEs hasn’t been announced yet, it’s hard to guess at.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Special “off road” edition sport with rear Dana 44 and LEDs is what I’m waiting for. I don’t want the standard Sport, and the Rubicon is just too pricey. I hope the rumors of a possible Moab edition are true.

2018JLU4ME

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Brilliant Black WK2 Limited
Looks like Sport S is out of the question...
No 8.4 Uconnect or LED :crying:
that has to be a mistake...you can get LED on the current Sport, so why would they change that?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
that has to be a mistake...you can get LED on the current Sport, so why would they change that?
The Mopar guy at the LA Auto Show said LED lights would be available for the Sport through the Mopar catalog.
Sponsored