Information on the automatic transmission at 60k miles

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU DD, 2015 JKUR sad loss, 2018 JLUR DD
I haven't myself nor have heard of anyone.
I kept and eye on engine and trans temp while running high country passes and rock crawling. I was amazed that both actually ran cooler than they do out on the open freeway at 70 mph. I was pleasantly surprised. We also have a complete Rock Hard belly pan which I thought may raise temps, it did not. Very Kewl.

Advertisement

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I have always changed my transmission fluid every 50k miles, even the manual transmission. I also believe in the complete change on the automatic. Have never had a transmission failure of any kind in 50 years. Also am a big fan of Amsoil which I have been using for the past 35+ years. Understanding this transmission has been around for a while and used on other vehicles I find it hard to believe only mopar transmission fluid has to be used. Amsoil said they have fluid for this transmission. Will not need to change my transmission fluid for awhile so I will be doing a lot more research on fluids as well as seeing if I can make up a dipstick for the transmission.
I have a manual and changed the fluid the first time at 25,000 miles and will do it again at 50,000. I also use Amsoil and I actually noticed about a 1 mpg increase after doing the tranny and transfer case. It may have been due to the system wearing in and becoming more efficient, but it was weird. I do appreciate the the manual tranny and transfer case both take ATF and I do them at the same time.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S, 03 Toyota 4Runner, Infiniti G37, Toyota T100 (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
In case anyone is wondering what the factory fluid looks like, it’s green.

88F02A59-2A70-4118-B103-625B038491D1.jpeg
uh oh, dealer techs might think it's anti-freeze!

Advertisement

Northridge4x4

Advertisement