UConnect Menu Option / Touchscreen Issues

Felix22369

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Has anyone had issues with the menu options at the bottom of the touchscreen not working? I just picked up my JL Unlimited Rubicon from the dealer (25 days from order to delivery!) and when I started it today the display was in the radio mode. All of the radio options worked fine (I could change presets, browse, etc), but none of the other menu options at the bottom of the screen worked (couldn't go into navigation mode, Apps, etc). The icons were highlighting as I was touching them and it was making the popping sounds as well as I would try to select something, but no actual change. I was in neutral at the time (manual transmission) and the display started to work normally when I shifted into first and began driving. When I got to my house I turned the Jeep off and restarted it with the same result. UConnect help line had me do a soft reset and it seems to be working ok now, but I wasn't sure if there was a setting somewhere I had somehow selected to disable those buttons. UConnect help had no clue. Again, the rest of the screen worked completely fine. One edit to this, the screen worked fine on pick up day. This anomaly happened on day 2 of ownership when leaving a store.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had issues with the menu options at the bottom of the touchscreen not working? I just picked up my JL Unlimited Rubicon from the dealer (25 days from order to delivery!) and when I started it today the display was in the radio mode. All of the radio options worked fine (I could change presets, browse, etc), but none of the other menu options at the bottom of the screen worked (couldn't go into navigation mode, Apps, etc). The icons were highlighting as I was touching them and it was making the popping sounds as well as I would try to select something, but no actual change. I was in neutral at the time (manual transmission) and the display started to work normally when I shifted into first and began driving. When I got to my house I turned the Jeep off and restarted it with the same result. UConnect help line had me do a soft reset and it seems to be working ok now, but I wasn't sure if there was a setting somewhere I had somehow selected to disable those buttons. UConnect help had no clue. Again, the rest of the screen worked completely fine.
There are several recent posts about backup cameras not working followed by what you just experienced. It just happened to me tonight as well. Some say it fixes itself after an hour or so. Will see tomorrow morning. My screen blacked out for a few seconds the other day so I don’t know if maybe it was a failed attempt to start the Offroad pages update that messes with the software or what. But you will find a few references in the Uconnect thread.

OP
OP
Felix22369

Felix22369

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
There are several recent posts about backup cameras not working followed by what you just experienced. It just happened to me tonight as well. Some say it fixes itself after an hour or so. Will see tomorrow morning. My screen blacked out for a few seconds the other day so I don’t know if maybe it was a failed attempt to start the Offroad pages update that messes with the software or what. But you will find a few references in the Uconnect thread.
Thanks much. The soft reset seems to have fixed the issue for the time being, so hopefully no more issues but the dealer is already aware and said they will take care of it if the problems persist!
Sponsored