Sponsored

Soft top window storage bag

Bluandwht86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 JLR
In case anyone is interested, this is what the soft top window storage bag looks like with the windows stored in it. You have to remove the bar from the bottom of the rear window to put the window in the bag. I just put the bar back where it goes by the tailgate.

1AAB56AF-089C-4721-82A7-4A0D8AE8A87E.jpeg
Sponsored

IowaRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
In case anyone is interested, this is what the soft top window storage bag looks like with the windows stored in it. You have to remove the bar from the bottom of the rear window to put the window in the bag. I just put the bar back where it goes by the tailgate.

1AAB56AF-089C-4721-82A7-4A0D8AE8A87E.jpeg
Wow that's huge, guess it has to be. Thanks for posting.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
As many know, FCA changed the part number on this since discontinuing the original one sold at vehicle purchase time.

Are you one of the "five people" who got this original "rarer than the Lochness Monster" cover, or is this the new one, and do you know if anything (other than the price increase) change between the two models?

I suppose, either way, this double bend we see is simply a product of the windows being the size they are, independent of the bag that holds them, old JL FCA, new JL FCA, or something aftermarket.

I thought the whole idea is that the windows were best stored flat, and yet I'd hate to think that I have to take an Unlimited's back seats down and store the bag perpendicular to your picture just to get things to sit flat.

"Sorry kids, you'll have to ride on the roof rack. Daddy's goin' Safari and NOT crinkling his soft windows, so it's back seats down. Hang on!"

Sponsored

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Where’d you get it from?

OP
OP
Bluandwht86

Bluandwht86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 JLR
I ordered mine when I ordered my Jeep. I ordered a blue jeep one before I ordered my Mojito and they were both optioned the same and both came with the bag. I don’t know the part number I will have to check when I get home, but it is one that came as a factory option.

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
So the windows don't roll up like the ones on JK do?

OP
OP
Bluandwht86

Bluandwht86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 JLR
Not sure. Never had a jk. But the side windows have hard plastic pieces for the back corners and the front and lower channels they slide into and also on top they have piece that slides into a channel to secure the top. The back window also has channels that slide into the side windows. I don’t think they are really meant to roll up, although there are straps to roll the back window up included (seems like it would be hard to roll it up like jk window and strap it.

Sponsored

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure. Never had a jk. But the side windows have hard plastic pieces for the back corners and the front and lower channels they slide into and also on top they have piece that slides into a channel to secure the top. The back window also has channels that slide into the side windows. I don’t think they are really meant to roll up, although there are straps to roll the back window up included (seems like it would be hard to roll it up like jk window and strap it.
Thanks, that makes sense, especially the big corners. Guess I will be returning the window bag /roll that I ordered from xxx. It said it fit the JL, but I don't think so...

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Thank you for posting the bag in the hanging off the back seat. Is there a lot of room side to side in that bag? I would think the width of the bag is dictated by the rear window but based on the design it looks like the constraint was the side windows. It just looks like they made it too wide. The person making the home made bags seems to have a better overall fit as it doesn't seem to be intruding in the storage area nor does it seem like it would be bending/rolling/ curling the side windows.

Is there any mechanism in the bag that holds the windows upright when stored vs. gravity pulling them down and curling them up in the bottom of the bag?

Reactions: baz

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for posting the bag in the hanging off the back seat. Is there a lot of room side to side in that bag? I would think the width of the bag is dictated by the rear window but based on the design it looks like the constraint was the side windows. It just looks like they made it too wide. The person making the home made bags seems to have a better overall fit as it doesn't seem to be intruding in the storage area nor does it seem like it would be bending/rolling/ curling the side windows.

Is there any mechanism in the bag that holds the windows upright when stored vs. gravity pulling them down and curling them up in the bottom of the bag?
Not too wide, the side windows on the 2 door are long, and I think the bag is for the JLU and JL, but I could be wrong, about the same bag, not the length.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Not too wide, the side windows on the 2 door are long, and I think the bag is for the JLU and JL, but I could be wrong, about the same bag, not the length.
OK...that would make more since one bag to rule them all. But man would have been better to have two different bags in my opinion. Not liking all that extra space dangling in the back there. If I have a Fridge and other gear and I have 4 people in the JEEP...the window bag is not useable...there would be no room. If I have a security enclosure...I think I would be in even worse shape. Going to have to come up with another option. Might be to put the hard top back on :-(. Time to get the pencil out and figure this out.