Sponsored

2018 Wish List

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Would love to see something like that ^^^^

Imagine all the cool telemetry data that could be displayed specific for the Wrangler - current torque, current approach angle, etc.

If it's optional for the Charger and Challenger no reason they can't make it available for the Wrangler too considering its about the same price.
You won't have to imagine...
Yessss that's going to be the coolest feature! Will telemetry data feature be available on all 3 display options, or only some of them?
Sponsored

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
I know the new interior is supposed to get more polished and refined but I hope it still has the appropriate manual knobs and levers.

So add a couple to my wish list: retain manual lever for the transfer case and emergency brake. Please no dial knobs or electronic levers!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
E brake HAND lever only please!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
What I'd like to see improved over JKU:

- Eliminate the "hammock" center 2nd row seating position issue. Give that seating position the same support/padding that the rest of the seats have.
- Allow the 2nd row seatbacks to recline some.
- A hard top that doesn't leak.
- A hard top that can be removed and replaced by one person.
- Spread the dash/controls/steering wheel out a little bit so that they aren't stacked on top of each other like cookies. I always hit my hands on the dash while trying to use the wipers.
- Tilt and telescoping steering wheel.
- Backup camera
- Improved towing rating. Current rating won't even allow for a large bass boat.
- Greatly improved headlights and foglights.

Now, I realize that a few of those things have been addressed with JKU this model year, and some of the others have been confirmed for JLU, but these are the things that piss me off about the pre-2017 Wrangler Unlimited.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
What I'd like to see improved over JKU:

- Eliminate the "hammock" center 2nd row seating position issue. Give that seating position the same support/padding that the rest of the seats have.
- Allow the 2nd row seatbacks to recline some.
- A hard top that doesn't leak.
- A hard top that can be removed and replaced by one person.
- Spread the dash/controls/steering wheel out a little bit so that they aren't stacked on top of each other like cookies. I always hit my hands on the dash while trying to use the wipers.
- Tilt and telescoping steering wheel.
- Backup camera
- Improved towing rating. Current rating won't even allow for a large bass boat.
- Greatly improved headlights and foglights.

Now, I realize that a few of those things have been addressed with JKU this model year, and some of the others have been confirmed for JLU, but these are the things that piss me off about the pre-2017 Wrangler Unlimited.
WXman, totally agree on the back seats. I used spacers on mine and even the extra 2-3 inches of recline makes a big difference.

I also often use my back for storage and the shallow seats makes it difficult to place boxes and other large items on there. You end up having to wedge it between the front seat backs and rear seats.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody with the initial M in their user name want to weigh in on the diesel possibilities?

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
As someone very tall/long, who has driven/owned almost every full size European luxury sedan in his young life (Jaguar XJR, BMW 750li, Benz S550 AMG, Benz S350 Bluetec, Audi A8L), and who is the opposite end demographic of many of the off road enthusiasts here, allow me to offer my amended list for the JLU, which will help to greatly expand the demographic which will find this vehicle alluring, especially if it retains removable doors and full open air roof.

1. 4-cyl Diesel engine, or at least a small 6-cyl diesel. No turbo please. With none other than Shaq Diesel in web-ad campaign lol

2. 3-sunroof, 3-panel, 6-piece removable roof all stow-and-go in rear trunk area, similar to what was pictured on proposed clay model, and 3-sunroof, non-power soft-top option as well.

3. "SAFARI GLASS" Option on all models, to have all windows and sunroof panels on vehicle UNTINTED/clear.

4. FCA's legendary "Stow and go" rear seating areas, to maximize storage space. Or even better, fully removable rear seating, with a perfectly flat floor underneath, and stock option perfect cut/fit, snap-in memory foam "mattresses" to fit in this area for hookups/rest.

5. 8.4" unconnected with full Apple iPhone8 (sept17) compatibility from day one

6. Removable doors which are faster/easier to remove than the JK/JK, soft door options too!

7. Largest street tire and off road tire options available on all models

8. Monochrome paint options on all models including running boards/side steps/fenders/bumpers/front skid plate

9. Grab handles and running boards able to support 250-275lb grown men hanging on/standing on while driving.

10. Waterproof seating option in most popular exterior colors (black/white/sand/red/etc). Heated and air-cooled luxury perforated-leather seating option.

11. LED piped accent ambient lighting with sexy new interior lines, as well as LED lighting under hood, in footwells, and LED puddle lights on bottoms of doors.

12. Front 8.4" screen to play DVD's while in park, with an unofficial option to "hack" VIM-code to play DVD while in motion, just like my BMW 750li's have always had.

13. A stock pop-up camper top option.

Thank you for your time gents.

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My "Wish List ; Rubber Mat or LinEx interior - No carpets !
Inside Hood Release, with lock .
Fold Flat Front Passenger Seat
Light weight doors for easier removal
More inside storage cubbies
Slider windows on hard top
Removable windows on hard top
Improved manual 6 speed transmission
Rear view camera
LED Lighting as standard on all trim levels
Easy fold down windshield.
Some of these "wishes" ARE coming, I'm intensely curious about the Sport Cage , is it morphing into a rigid roof shell ??
Don't touch those Transfer Case, E Brake LEVERS !
Thank you for keeping the JL a true JEEP. In advance.

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Active front head restraints or at least head restraints that are not set at such a neck-breaking angle (for me like in the JK).

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Wish list, part deux;

JLUR
Mango Tango
3.0 Ecodiesel
6 Sp manual
D44s F & R
35" KO2s (with the new Rubi wheels)

Optional NV242 with 4 high for pavement driving on and off snow over mtn passes.

Finally... I want compatibility with an Ursa Minor top.

j30-074-moab.jpeg

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
^ Those tops are so rad .... so expensive though :(

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
$6500...

Total overland transformation though.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
^ Those tops are so rad .... so expensive though :(
I hope Jeep® Offers a factory pop up camper option, that is slimmer and lighter than anyaftermarket option to date, for less than $5k, as one of their many top options.
Sponsored