OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Removing the four bolts to open the windshield is literally a 5 minute job. Why are you against removing the windshield?
Hey Brian,
Really appreciate your willingness to help Thomas out!:like:

@tas2018rubi - hey Thomas, I already responded to you in another thread with more detailed instructions on installing our shade.

Just to clarify, you do not need to lower your windshield. Like Brian alluded to, dropping the windshield is a fairly quick thing to do and it does make it a bit easier but 100% not necessary to install our sunshade (front or full length).

I think my reply in the other thread will provide you with the knowledge to get your sunshade installed properly!:rock:
Sponsored

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Because the point is that the Product/site says dropping windshield not required. So that is why I purchased Alien and not Spider Web shade. I really don't want to break the seal. Furthermore dropping windshield has been a nightmare for some as they can't get wiper blades off.. Bottom line is that some folks are having to drop windshield so, description is not accurate...More upset that I could not get any customer service for 3 hours...Was going to return it but website indicates they charge 20% restock fee plus my cost to ship and my time to go to UPS. Would be nice product otherwise...
My fingers were too big to install the front clips.i got 2 out of 4 correctly installed. I slightly lowered the windshield without taking the wipers off, then it was a breeze. No leaking. I should only have to do this 1 time. I think i can leave front clips on when i want to run without the shade. The front bungees might dangle so i plan on tucking them under the sun visor. Love my Alien.

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
My fingers were too big to install the front clips.i got 2 out of 4 correctly installed. I slightly lowered the windshield without taking the wipers off, then it was a breeze. No leaking. I should only have to do this 1 time. I think i can leave front clips on when i want to run without the shade. The front bungees might dangle so i plan on tucking them under the sun visor. Love my Alien.
Correct! You only have to do it once.

Glad to hear you're loving your Alien Sunshade.:rock:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Everyone...

I installed the Front JL/JLU Sunshade - Alien Sunshade on my 2dr. JL. I've had a chance to drive 100+ miles with it installed. I've been up to 80 mph frequently and the sunshade has no flapping.... very secure.

As far as sunshades go, the Alien Sunshade offering has a lot of bang for the buck. Very good sunshade and very good price point. I commend Alien!

As for the install. Thanks to asking others here how to do the install and looking at pics here on the forum, I did the install in say 30 minutes.

I did not lower the windshield. I saw and still see no reason to lower the windshield.

Install would have been even easier, if Alien Sunshade had not totally dropped the ball in regard to providing adequate install instructions.

Alien Sunshade, sends out an instruction card that is 5"x7" with pics and instructions.
Print is so small and pics so small that the instructions are well, a pain to read, difficult to follow and forget about looking at the pic to see how the clips install/ their final resting place in regard to the front bunchies.

Thank goodness a fellow forum member replied to me with install hints days before I got the shade...those replies sure helped.

Again, shame on Alien Sunshade. I suggest Alien Sunshade send out a full sheet with instructions and a better pic of the clips installed. Alien Sunshade, forget the cutesy green shredded paper in the box and send out decent friggin instructions.

@AlienSunshade

Please don't reply with some excuse. Tell your upper management they have dropped the ball in regard to install instructions. No, it is not just me that will tell them this.

In closing, very good sunshade and hard to beat considering the price. Geeeez, looks good and performs well. Install is easy with the windshield up and using the little plastic install strap they provide. Provided instructions are not sufficient.

Note: Install is not so easy that I would be taking the sunshade on and off. It resides very nicely just under the Freedom panels. You can easily remove and re-install the Freedom panels while the Alien Sunshade is in place. 8-)

tas2018rubi

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
@Everyone...

I installed the Front JL/JLU Sunshade - Alien Sunshade on my 2dr. JL. I've had a chance to drive 100+ miles with it installed. I've been up to 80 mph frequently and the sunshade has no flapping.... very secure.

As far as sunshades go, the Alien Sunshade offering has a lot of bang for the buck. Very good sunshade and very good price point. I commend Alien!

As for the install. Thanks to asking others here how to do the install and looking at pics here on the forum, I did the install in say 30 minutes.

I did not lower the windshield. I saw and still see no reason to lower the windshield.

Install would have been even easier, if Alien Sunshade had not totally dropped the ball in regard to providing adequate install instructions.

Alien Sunshade, sends out an instruction card that is 5"x7" with pics and instructions.
Print is so small and pics so small that the instructions are well, a pain to read, difficult to follow and forget about looking at the pic to see how the clips install/ their final resting place in regard to the front bunchies.

Thank goodness a fellow forum member replied to me with install hints days before I got the shade...those replies sure helped.

Again, shame on Alien Sunshade. I suggest Alien Sunshade send out a full sheet with instructions and a better pic of the clips installed. Alien Sunshade, forget the cutesy green shredded paper in the box and send out decent friggin instructions.

@AlienSunshade

Please don't reply with some excuse. Tell your upper management they have dropped the ball in regard to install instructions. No, it is not just me that will tell them this.

In closing, very good sunshade and hard to beat considering the price. Geeeez, looks good and performs well. Install is easy with the windshield up and using the little plastic install strap they provide. Provided instructions are not sufficient.

Note: Install is not so easy that I would be taking the sunshade on and off. It resides very nicely just under the Freedom panels. You can easily remove and re-install the Freedom panels while the Alien Sunshade is in place. 8-)
Glad to hear you got yours installed on your 2 door. I have had mine for 4 days and I still have not gotten 2 of the clips to hold on my 2 door. I have tried several times. I also complained about the index card for directions. At 53 I could care less about a little Alien figure and green packing. I can hardly read the instructions with my readers. I like how they show illustrations with the windshield down when they say not necessary to..I wanted to return it but they have a 20% restocking fee and I would have to pay the shipping to send it back.. I'm pissed I would have to lower the windshield for this install. They have responded to a few of my posts but honestly make it out like I am an idiot...I do think the product would have been nice if I got it installed. Not sure I am going to as I am not happy with how they have responded to my concerns. I have a real problem with a products logo on my vehicle that I don't believe in.....Probably would have purchased the spider web shade had I known I would need to lower windshield. Going to try one more time tomorrow to see if I can get the clips on...

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if the Alien front-only sunshade interferes with the Mopar grab handles at all?
@Steveo

I just went and looked and no, the Sunshade will not interfere with the Mopar Grab Handles. Two bunchies do fasten on same bar as the Grabs but no, they will not interfere.

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Thanks for all the feedback regarding instructions. We're going to address it head on and produce a more in depth and detailed video going through the steps so that there is no confusion for future customers.

Again, sorry about the issues to those who had any! These struggles help pave the way for improvements in the future.

Enjoy the rest of your Jeepend people!

Team Alien Sunshade

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the feedback regarding instructions. We're going to address it head on and produce a more in depth and detailed video going through the steps so that there is no confusion for future customers.

Again, sorry about the issues to those who had any! These struggles help pave the way for improvements in the future.

Enjoy the rest of your Jeepend people!

Team Alien Sunshade
@AlienSunshade

Alien Sunsgade, needs to have a video that clearly shows the install on a JL/JLU with the windshield down and then up.

Best to have just one video that 1st shows the install with windshield down and then with the windshield up. This way the guy / gal that is going to do the Alien Sunshade install, can clearly see in the first part of the video where the 4 front clips, clip on to..

Also, get rid of the cutesy 5"x7" card with the install instructions/pics. Just have a full sheet of paper with instructions printed on it with larger font and have bigger pics.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
@AlienSunshade

Alien Sunsgade, needs to have a video that clearly shows the install on a JL/JLU with the windshield down and then up.

Best to have just one video that 1st shows the install with windshield down and then with the windshield up. This way the guy / gal that is going to do the Alien Sunshade install, can clearly see in the first part of the video where the 4 front clips, clip on to..

Also, get rid of the cutesy 5"x7" card with the install instructions/pics. Just have a full sheet of paper with instructions printed on it with larger font and have bigger pics.

Our video will do exactly that.:like:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, after running with the Alien Sunshade alone and no Freedom Panels, today it was going to rain / did rain so I have to put the Freedom panels back on.

Can report that it is very easy to put the Freedom panels back on with the Alien Sunshade in place. Yes, maybe 10 seconds longer to put them but no problem doing so..

AND.... can tell you that the black Alien Sunshade left in place under the Freedom panels is a real plus to me as it kills the stark white of the interior side of the Freedom's. Almost like heaving a black headliner.

Yes, a ot of bang for the buck with the $64 Alien Sunshade.

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
Well, after running with the Alien Sunshade alone and no Freedom Panels, today it was going to rain / did rain so I have to put the Freedom panels back on.

Can report that it is very easy to put the Freedom panels back on with the Alien Sunshade in place. Yes, maybe 10 seconds longer to put them but no problem doing so..

AND.... can tell you that the black Alien Sunshade left in place under the Freedom panels is a real plus to me as it kills the stark white of the interior side of the Freedom's. Almost like heaving a black headliner.

Yes, a ot of bang for the buck with the $64 Alien Sunshade.
$64? I think they are going $74.99.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
I hope they have the rear section for sale soon!
Sponsored