Sponsored

Team Alien Sunshade Has Landed!

kvport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
When the rear only is released will it also be $75?
Sponsored

kvport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hey Todd! Glad to hear install was easy and you're already enjoying it.

Don't fret about not going full length. We have a rear-only shade to be released soon. It'll look like this (shown is a JKU).

What do you think?

aliensunshade_32151631_924723321031902_2428440677424562176_n.jpg
What color is this?

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
Question for those with a hard top- once you install your front Alien sunshade, how easy is it to then install or remove the hardtop front panels? Can you still easily get to the screws? (I don’t have my JL yet so I am not sure how easy or hard this would be.)

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Question for those with a hard top- once you install your front Alien sunshade, how easy is it to then install or remove the hardtop front panels? Can you still easily get to the screws? (I don’t have my JL yet so I am not sure how easy or hard this would be.)
The freedom panels are just attached with latches, no screws. I can take them on and off as quickly with the shade in place as I could without it.

Last edited:

Luco

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 GMC 2500 HD, 2010 Seneca Motorhome on Chevrolet C5500
A624D073-7842-4ADA-BBF0-E407A48952C4.jpeg
DA436D3F-02E0-4B22-A3D5-36A413647D5C.jpeg
Mine came in this week and got it installed today.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com

Mike21163

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Once you get the front bungees and clips in, it's a super easy install. I think the red looks great with the Rubicon red accents. Now I'm just waiting on the rear to be available. I like the style of the 2 pieces, much better than the one piece. My wife was not a big fan of the direct Jeep sun, before the Alien Sunshade. She is still shocked how much cooler it is, and how much sun it truly blocks. I'll post additional pictures once the rear is installed. I've heard it should be available within the next few weeks.
IMG_4431.jpg
IMG_4381.jpg

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Once you get the front bungees and clips in, it's a super easy install. I think the red looks great with the Rubicon red accents. Now I'm just waiting on the rear to be available. I like the style of the 2 pieces, much better than the one piece. My wife was not a big fan of the direct Jeep sun, before the Alien Sunshade. She is still shocked how much cooler it is, and how much sun it truly blocks. I'll post additional pictures once the rear is installed. I've heard it should be available within the next few weeks.
IMG_4431.jpg
IMG_4381.jpg
Wow. That Black paint looks like it's DRIPPING. The red shade looks hot and it's gonna look EVEN HOTTER with the Rear!!

Fantastic shots.:like:

tas2018rubi

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
No CUSTOMER SERVICE...Cant get front bungee/clips in...No decent instructions or pictures to view...No one will return calls or email in 3 hours..

Sponsored

tas2018rubi

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Ya the sun shade I have for the JL...I had to remove the windshield to install the clips. It's hard getting my "what I thought normal size hands" in their to undo the latches.
I have similar problem that I can not get the clips on.. Not going to remove windshield for install. Site indicates not required..

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I have similar problem that I can not get the clips on.. Not going to remove windshield for install. Site indicates not required..
Removing the four bolts to open the windshield is literally a 5 minute job. Why are you against removing the windshield?

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Went to the FAQ and found a JK video install, wonder if it's the same?

Also you'll probably have to give them more than three hours to respond back...most companies are a 24-48 hour return time.

tas2018rubi

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Removing the four bolts to open the windshield is literally a 5 minute job. Why are you against removing the windshield?
Because the point is that the Product/site says dropping windshield not required. So that is why I purchased Alien and not Spider Web shade. I really don't want to break the seal. Furthermore dropping windshield has been a nightmare for some as they can't get wiper blades off.. Bottom line is that some folks are having to drop windshield so, description is not accurate...More upset that I could not get any customer service for 3 hours...Was going to return it but website indicates they charge 20% restock fee plus my cost to ship and my time to go to UPS. Would be nice product otherwise...