Sponsored

What to do once you get your Jeep?

qbanboy14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Just got my new jeep LJ, anything else I should do, know, go, register somewhere that people don't know about?

Post your jeep hacks.
Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
1. Order your hard copy owners manual from the Jeep.com website.
2. Register your car at www.mopar.com.
3. Activate your Uconnect (if so equipped). Follow the menu prompts on your screen.
4. Activate your hotspot if you want - https://www.att.com/jeep $10 / $20 unlimited plans for existing AT&T customers.
5. If you purchased after 05/01/2018, free 6 months of Apple Music - https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...e-music-carplay-and-beatsaudio-300609166.html
6. Choose some accessories - www.quadratec.com, www.justforjeeps.com, www.amazon.com, etc
7. Set up a Google Alert at www.google.com/alert for 2018 jeep wrangler accessories.
8. Get your 15% off accessories coupon at www.mopar.com that you can use at most dealerships.
9. Cover up your VIN number on the driver side that is visible from the outside. This will prevent the VIN method of car theft / fraud (Google VIN car theft fraud for details).
10. Read the manual. Example, USB1 is the dash, USB2 is in the arm rest console, USB3 is behind the arm rest console and support data, including a USB thumb drive full of music. The additional USB port (on the right) on the back of the arm rest console is charge only.
11. Check your tire air pressure. My tires have 50psi max written on the side walls, the dealer had them at 48. The door jam says 37. It was drifting all over the place. I changed it to 39 and some of the drifting is gone.
12. Adjust the telescoping steering wheel. The lever is on the left/bottom side of the steering column. Push up, down, in, out, then push the lever back up to lock in place. Rinse and repeat until happy.

I'm looking forward to hearing other contributions as well.

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Don't forget about BonusDrive for a $250 rebate if you qualify.

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Backflips and cartwheels! Beginning to wonder if it will arrive before the 2019s hit the streets.

Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Get naked.
Get dirty.

(Take the top off and go wheeling. Dirty old goats.)

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
You don't get an owner's manual?!?!
I got one with mine... but mine was missing the tool kit. They stole one from another Wrangler. Check the delivery check list before going into the dealer. Without having that I would have missed a couple items.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
You don't get an owner's manual?!?!
I just spoke with JeepChat last Friday to order a hard copy of my JLUR Owner's Manual. I was surprised that it doesn't come with one either. It is loaded on the vehicle's computer system and you just have to read it off of the display in the car...OR...someone has posted a thread on this forum somewhere with the complete manual...which I have also downloaded and saved to my computer at home.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I've already downloaded the manual from jeep, but still, I expect a hardcopy when I buy ;)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I got a hard-copy 245 page user's guide in my glove box.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
SPECIAL BONUSDRIVE OFFERS:

All qualifying Fiat-Chrysler purchases (Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep and Ram branded vehicles) receive $500 for any purchase made on or before March 31, 2018

All qualifying Fiat-Chrysler purchases made on or after the date of April 1, 2018 receive $250. Purchaser must show 1) proof of ownership of a non Fiat-Chrylser vehicle in the household; OR 2) proof that the vehicle used at trade in was not a vehicle made by Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles.

I am not understanding this part of the bonusdrive offer? So I just took delivery last week. I only own one vehicle, this one and I traded a 2015 JK Wrangler. So this offer does not apply to me from the wording above as I read it from their site.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
SPECIAL BONUSDRIVE OFFERS:

All qualifying Fiat-Chrysler purchases (Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep and Ram branded vehicles) receive $500 for any purchase made on or before March 31, 2018

All qualifying Fiat-Chrysler purchases made on or after the date of April 1, 2018 receive $250. Purchaser must show 1) proof of ownership of a non Fiat-Chrylser vehicle in the household; OR 2) proof that the vehicle used at trade in was not a vehicle made by Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles.

I am not understanding this part of the bonusdrive offer? So I just took delivery last week. I only own one vehicle, this one and I traded a 2015 JK Wrangler. So this offer does not apply to me from the wording above as I read it from their site.
I think based on the new rules you would not qualify, but I would confirm with them.
Sponsored