Not open for further replies.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Ok, the R3 website is up and running... Go here: https://www.r3offroad.com/offroad

The prices listed are more then fair in my opinion. I will be ordering. My time is worth more then the $ this forum sponsor/vendor is asking for the product and the speedy shipping of same to my place.

I'd like to thank this forum sponsor/vendor... Thank him, for being a forum sponsor and also for this product offering.

I had already planned on applying 3M to my JL's hinges. I knew it would be a pain in the ass making templates and cutting the pricey, 3M product. I knew there would be alot of trial and error and wasted 3M product if I did it myself. Nice to know that I can just buy the precut 3M pieces now....

Sponsored

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, the R3 website is up and running... Go here: https://www.r3offroad.com/offroad

The prices listed are more then fair in my opinion. I will be ordering. My time is worth more then the $ this forum sponsor/vendor is asking for the product and the speedy shipping of same to my place.

I'd like to thank this forum sponsor/vendor... Thank him, for being a forum sponsor and also for this product offering.

I had already planned on applying 3M to my JL's hinges. I knew it would be a pain in the ass making templates and cutting the pricey, 3M product. I knew there would be alot of trial and error and wasted 3M product if I did it myself. Nice to know that I can just buy the precut 3M pieces now....
Yep, already ordered!

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
The site is now live with the protectors

10% forum discount

Code jlwf

Great, the 10% forum discount is appreciated! Helps offset the shipping charges..

I'll be getting a set. I want to apply asap. I look at this as a minimal $ and time outlay, for lets say a pound of prevention.

Without the 3M protection on my hinges, they will, without a doubt, suffer paint chip damage.

So, this prevention/protection will save me lots of $ in the long run and save me from looking at frigging chipped up door hinges on my JL.

Yes, the R3 offering will cost me a few $ more then if I did all the foot work (went thru all the headaches) lets say myself, but it is not costing me that much more, letting R3 do the deed for me. Not worth it for me to go to all the hassle to save so few $. Now, a careful, quick install of the pre-cut 3M product and I'm good to go... :clap:

Last edited:

McCloude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD / 2019 WK2 TH
Has anyone thought of lineX for the hinges? I was thinking of doing that to protect from the rocks.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Has anyone thought of lineX for the hinges? I was thinking of doing that to protect from the rocks.
Sure that would be a way to go. Depends on how much effort you want to expend.. 8-) Plasti-Dip spray will also offer some protection. Eventually, some company will also offer a pricey hinge covering of some sort.

I'm looking for some, no fuss, very good prevention now. I ordered 3M film for my door sills and will do that myself. I will do my own templates. As for the door hinges.... I'll let this vendor R3, go thru all the headaches of template making for those friggin hinges.. My minimal $ outlay to R3 for their offering, also helps out one of the forum sponsors.... this is a positive thing.

Sponsored

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
$20 for my 2 door, plus 10% discount....I will be ordering.

You should do this for the sill guard also.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hinge protectors are posted on the web site now.
JLU-$40
JL-$20
Ordered. No Jeep yet, but these will be ready to go on whenever it comes. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.