Sponsored

Need some speaker help

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
My Jeep is a 2020 jlu willy's 7inch radio no alpine. I'm currently in the process of having a 6 channel amp installed. FL / FR / RL / RR and channels 5 & 6 bridged to a sub.

As I look into upgrading the soundbar I'm torn between 6.5 inch ssv, or replacing the 4inch with kicker 47ksc404 and replacing the 3.5 with ????? The kickers are 4 ohm and infinity and jbl are < 3ohm.

So for those who upgraded the soundbar without cutting what models and brands did you use?

For those that went the SSV route, which speaker lead did you use the 4inch or the 3.5inch or did you bridge the two, and how difficult was the cutting?

Thanks
Sponsored

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
My honest opinion, get the Alpine components for the sound bar, especially if you’re going to amp them.
My suggestion for the front is to go with a 6.5” component in the knee panel, and only amplify those. Don’t amplify the dash speakers. I’m currently running power to my dash speakers and am going to re-route to the knee panel speakers.

OP
OP
CMTAZ

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
My suggestion for the front is to go with a 6.5” component in the knee panel, and only amplify those. Don’t amplify the dash speakers. I’m currently running power to my dash speakers and am going to re-route to the knee panel speakers.
I am leaning towards 6.5 components for the front (6.5 woofer in the knee pad, tweeter in the dash). Because I did not have new speaker wire run, I cannot separate the dash and knee speakers.

I am amazed how good this sounds by just adding the amp / dsp. though it will be better when I change out the speakers. Still trying to decide between 6.5 in the sound bar or kicker 47KSC404 and a Kicker 3.5 in the sound bar (drop in replacements - no cutting).

Thank you

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
I am leaning towards 6.5 components for the front (6.5 woofer in the knee pad, tweeter in the dash). Because I did not have new speaker wire run, I cannot separate the dash and knee speakers.

I am amazed how good this sounds by just adding the amp / dsp. though it will be better when I change out the speakers. Still trying to decide between 6.5 in the sound bar or kicker 47KSC404 and a Kicker 3.5 in the sound bar (drop in replacements - no cutting).

Thank you
In reference to your cutting question as well, the cutting is super simple with a dremel. Having said that, it looks like you don’t want to do that. Good luck!

OP
OP
CMTAZ

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
In reference to your cutting question as well, the cutting is super simple with a dremel. Having said that, it looks like you don’t want to do that. Good luck!
Thanks, still sitting on the fence about the cutting, good to know it's not that difficult.
Sponsored