Need some stereo help please...

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Let me start by I know virtually nothing about stereos, and have always taken to a local shop. In the past, they have been wonderful, but has gone to sh!t as of late, and they have my JLUR so screwed up, and can't seem to get it right.
What I have is JL C2 coax 3.5 (I think) in the dash, JL C2 coax 6.5 in the knee, and JL C5 6.5 coax in the sound bar.
The knee and soundbar is ran by an MX 500/4 with the gain turned down, and the dash speakers are ran by the head unit. I have a separate JL 8" sub with internal amp for bass in the rear.
My stereo sounds like ASS. They have the fade all messed up, like pass sound bar and driver dash are on the same frequency, both knees, driver sound bar, and pass dash on another. The rear speakers are on the front fade, and knees are on the back.
Also, I have the 7" Uconnect.
What do I need to do? They can't seem to get it right and I don't know how?
Also, thinking about the JL VXI DSP 600/6 to run all 6 speakers? Thoughts on that?
When I ordered, I opted for the non alpine upgrade bc I thought I could have aftermarket done for about the same with much better performance. I'm probably 2k+ into this, and it sounds horrible. Don't get me wrong, VERY loud, but sounds about as clear mud.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!!!
Sponsored