Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
It’s a JL thing, add the synergy track bar and sector shaft brace to stiffen up the front end.
Sponsored

YellowNJTJ02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Yellow TJ, 15 F-150, 21JLUR(on order)
First flexi shots! Very nice!
Did you get pics of the bump stops while you were up there?

Check your tire pressure if it’s wandering. Mine was delivered with 45 psi and was all over the road, I’ve since dropped it to 33psi and it’s much better
Noticed the same today playing around. Saw it was 45, and thought that's way high! I will go out and give it a test run at 37 - that's what the door jam says.

I peeked up at the bump stops and they were pegged, wasn't even worth getting a pic lol

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Noticed the same today playing around. Saw it was 45, and thought that's way high! I will go out and give it a test run at 37 - that's what the door jam says.

I peeked up at the bump stops and they were pegged, wasn't even worth getting a pic lol
I used to work at a high end off road shop here in Houston and we had a great relationship with BFG. BFG reps recommended we stick to 27-29 psi on a 4 door Jeep. Going down to that pressure was a night and day difference in driveability on JK’s then JL’s. Try it and see what your thoughts are, you may be surprised. Sucks the factory has to put that psi on door jam since that is the psi required to hit load rating at maximum gross vehicle weight as rated from factory.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I used to work at a high end off road shop here in Houston and we had a great relationship with BFG. BFG reps recommended we stick to 27-29 psi on a 4 door Jeep. Going down to that pressure was a night and day difference in driveability on JK’s then JL’s. Try it and see what your thoughts are, you may be surprised. Sucks the factory has to put that psi on door jam since that is the psi required to hit load rating at maximum gross vehicle weight as rated from factory.
I haven’t chalk tested the BFGs, but I would suspect you’re probably right. I didn’t bother dialing the pressure in on the 35s as I’ll have the 37s on soon enough and I’ll dial those in. But on my last rig I chalk tested at 25 psi cold on the Yokohama MTs. And I ran 25psi as highway pressure with great results, no wandering, excessive noise, accelerated wear, or anything.

Sponsored

jepgrl

First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
OMG, I am finally out of the D1 jail and have a build sheet. My first delivery date was Oct 12th and right now no one can confirm or deny that date. I'm just glad to not be sitting in limbo...I feel like I'm in baby Jeep labor with delivery right around the corner. Note: my Mopar floor mats were also not on my build sheet, but I don't care as long it doesn't hold up process. Just ship it out! The wait is killer. I even stalked the dealership today just to see what was on the lot...nothing as Snazzy!

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OMG, I am finally out of the D1 jail and have a build sheet. My first delivery date was Oct 12th and right now no one can confirm or deny that date. I'm just glad to not be sitting in limbo...I feel like I'm in baby Jeep labor with delivery right around the corner. Note: my Mopar floor mats were also not on my build sheet, but I don't care as long it doesn't hold up process. Just ship it out! The wait is killer. I even stalked the dealership today just to see what was on the lot...nothing as Snazzy!
Glad to know I’m not the only one peeking at the lot to make sure they haven’t gotten my Jeep and forgot to call me

YellowNJTJ02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Yellow TJ, 15 F-150, 21JLUR(on order)
I haven’t chalk tested the BFGs, but I would suspect you’re probably right. I didn’t bother dialing the pressure in on the 35s as I’ll have the 37s on soon enough and I’ll dial those in. But on my last rig I chalk tested at 25 psi cold on the Yokohama MTs. And I ran 25psi as highway pressure with great results, no wandering, excessive noise, accelerated wear, or anything.
Agree with both of these. I never ran my BFG M/T over 30 and never had an issue. Still figuring out the quirks. I do have over 1000 miles on it already!

Fiteacher

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Talked to dealer today & said it was at the body shop & looked it might be out of G status (trim). It was updated but he couldn't see it so he's going to look it up again Wednesday to see if he can get an ETA.

Not long after I talked to him, got the build sheet from crypto.

Hopefully in the next week.

My build sheet days D to D regress on it. Does that mean it fluctuated back & forth between D status & D 1?

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
First flexi shots! Very nice!
Did you get pics of the bump stops while you were up there?

Check your tire pressure if it’s wandering. Mine was delivered with 45 psi and was all over the road, I’ve since dropped it to 33psi and it’s much better
Thanks @Jeepeto, first thing I'm checking is PSI and fuses.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks @Jeepeto, first thing I'm checking is PSI and fuses.
Oh for sure, I didn’t know about the fuse thing but I did print off the checklist and used it to do my PDI. Every single fuse and relay needed to be seated. I couldn’t believe it.

Fiteacher

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Oh for sure, I didn’t know about the fuse thing but I did print off the checklist and used it to do my PDI. Every single fuse and relay needed to be seated. I couldn’t believe it.
I'll be printing off that list & checking those fuses & tires too. 👍

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'll be printing off that list & checking those fuses & tires too. 👍
Link to the original post with the interactive checklist if you need it. You enter your info and I populates a list based on your order. It was super helpful. I sent it to my sales guy ahead of time and asked him to pass it off to his tech. It was overwhelming enough that they just waited for me to do PDI with them. I was really happy that I got to be there for it all.

Interactive delivery checklist