First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Your post quoted a reference to a Z car, so it seemed clear that's what you were replying to.

The rear seat in my 260 was snug, but it was still usable, unlike the padded shelf that Porsche had the temerity to call a rear seat. :) I'd wager it was installed in order to assist with owner insurance costs, since a dedicated two seat sports car would invite higher premiums.
Yeah, it was kinda late when I made that post. I guess I ought to clean it up. Hogdreamer quoted you and I got some of that mixed up in there.
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is the Sahara dash different? I just assumed it was the same Gray/Silver you can get in the Rubi under certain circumstances.
Sahara Dash.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep fail 1630534446210

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The biggest Jeep fail is the bullshit sensor on the locker in the Dana 44 rear axle. Those things fail more than a drug addict trying to save money. I have had two of them go bad, one of my friends have had 5 rear axles replaced under warranty so far. One only lasted a week. There are thousands of Rubicons that have gone through multiple rear axles. Owners are modding brand new axles in an attempt to stop them from failing.

Others like me have bought a bypass wiring harness to fix the issue. I wheel with 6 JLUR. five of the six JLUR have had the sensor fail in the Dana 44. The sensor takes less than 10 minutes to replace in the driveway with standard tools. Jeeps fix is to not sell the sensor but to require the owners to replace the entire rear axle assembly. If you are out of warranty, you have to buy the entire rear axle assembly.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
The biggest Jeep fail is the bullshit sensor on the locker in the Dana 44 rear axle. Those things fail more than a drug addict trying to save money. I have had two of them go bad, one of my friends have had 5 rear axles replaced under warranty so far. One only lasted a week. There are thousands of Rubicons that have gone through multiple rear axles. Owners are modding brand new axles in an attempt to stop them from failing.

Others like me have bought a bypass wiring harness to fix the issue. I wheel with 6 JLUR. five of the six JLUR have had the sensor fail in the Dana 44. The sensor takes less than 10 minutes to replace in the driveway with standard tools. Jeeps fix is to not sell the sensor but to require the owners to replace the entire rear axle assembly. If you are out of warranty, you have to buy the entire rear axle assembly.
Totally sounds like Jeep (doesn’t) Care… Sorta reminds me of the door hinge corrosion issues. I actually wasn’t aware of this axle issues.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Mercedes makes the fancy a-la-carte Jeep
I really like the G, but I hate the ones we get in the states… If I could get a manual diesel minus all the luxury crap. I would have bought one, I do think about importing an older one from time to time.

y-overland-mercedes-g-class-wolf-w461-4-restomod-1.jpg

:rock:

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Interesting how Daimler copied the Wrangler's LED Hoop Running Lights in the new G-Wagen series!

"Hoops ahead, here comes another Wrangler, time to wave, wait, no, it's a G-Wagen!"

[No waves to G-Wagen's, ever, even thought their base price is 3X what I paid for my loaded Rubi...]

Sponsored

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Totally sounds like Jeep (doesn’t) Care… Sorta reminds me of the door hinge corrosion issues. I actually wasn’t aware of this axle issues.
Ues that axle issue is news to me. More stuff to research down the Jeep rabbit hole 🤯

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
And the pathetic sun visor retention design.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!

Sounds like a job for Alibaba.

Genuine Jeepers Diane 44 and 44 axle sensor for sensing the axle
1.99 0-100 units
.99 100-500 units
.45 500-5000 units
Wait a tick…

you guys are telling us that some super cheap sensor will fail. And that it’s a super easy replacement job to fix it. But Jeep says to have the ENTIRE axle replaced!?!

What is this bypass wiring harness you speak of @wibornz and where do I get it?

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Hello, did you see this post yet?
@ASarsano

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep fail 1630694732942

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep fail 1630694732942

You know those are great for anyone other than me. I can't stand the look the shape its all vomit to me... i want super plush black i could sleep in you seats! Kinda like.... dare i say.... VOLVO!
Screenshot_20210904-134730_Google.jpg
Sponsored