Sky One Touch Headliner?

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I ordered mine on Monday, but still waiting for the tracking info. Can't wait to get it installed. :)
I ordered the black since I run a Spiderweb Shade and you won't see it. Will report back after its installed on my thoughts.

Thanks,

Ken~
Sponsored

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I ordered mine on Monday, but still waiting for the tracking info. Can't wait to get it installed. :)
I ordered the black since I run a Spiderweb Shade and you won't see it. Will report back after its installed on my thoughts.

Thanks,

Ken~
Look forward to hearing
You may need to update your profile vehicle from your 2016 JKU

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine this morning after picking up my JLUR with the sky one touch yesterday. The noise did not seem that bad on the way home (2+ hour drive), similar to the soft top. I was on the phone almost the entire time and the person said multiple times that there was almost no background noise and was much better than the others with the hard top and hard top headliner.

pbanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
What color is everyone ordering? Iā€™m thinking black or med gray since we have black leather with white paint.

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered black to match the top fabric.

FedeF

First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Ordered mine in med gray. Installed yesterday with the help of my 4 years old daughter! I drove today on the highway and so far I can say it is a major improvement!
The material does make noise when you open and close the top, not because of the Velcro, but because of the crispness of material itself. However, I do not consider it an issue. Personally I thing below 60mph the sound level in the Jeep was decent and becoming annoying above that. I was driving 60 to 75mph this morning on the highway, and I didnā€™t even had to raise the volume on the radio to cover the change in noise level!

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did everyone pay?
I thought there was a discount previously, just went to order and it doesn't look like they are discounted anymore.

Sponsored

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
What did everyone pay?
I thought there was a discount previously, just went to order and it doesn't look like they are discounted anymore.
Same here šŸ˜…

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
Installed mine last weekend. Not life-changing, but worth the price to make a quieter ride on the highway for sure.

Deleted member 53226

Installed mine last weekend. Not life-changing, but worth the price to make a quieter ride on the highway for sure.
This perfectly sums it up!

I recently installed mine too. It's a quality product and I really like mine. I still don't know why Jeep didn't think of it first, or at least as a pricey "Mopar" extra.

I don't know if anyone else was thinking this, or it's just me, but as I am installing the headliner, I thought to myself I hope all these velcro strips come off easily. Why you say? Because if the motor ever goes, I better not show up at the dealer with any evidence a headliner was on there because Jeep is surely going to use this to deny any warranty claim! They are tricky like that.

Now, I am not saying at all the headliner would cause motor failure (it surely will not) but I could see FCA, uh, I mean Stallantis, blaming it on the headliner to deny a warranty claim on a bad motor. They will likely say the motor was overly stressed by the additional fabric, so it wore out prematurely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This perfectly sums it up!

I recently installed mine too. It's a quality product and I really like mine. I still don't know why Jeep didn't think of it first, or at least as a pricey "Mopar" extra.

I don't know if anyone else was thinking this, or it's just me, but as I am installing the headliner, I though to myself I hope the velcro strips come off easily because if the motor ever goes, I better not show up at the dealer with any evidence a headliner was on there because Jeep is surely going to use this to deny any warranty claim! They are tricky like that.

Now, I am not saying at all the headliner would cause motor failure (it surely will not) but I could see FCA, uh, I mean Stallantis, blaming it on the headliner to deny a warranty claim on a bad motor. They will likely say the motor was overly stressed by the additional fabric, so it wore out prematurely.
Def one of my concerns. I worry most about the longevity and SOT and Jeep using any excuse to avoid warranty. Imagine that velcro is hard to remove cleanly.

BURNSEL

First Name
ED BURNS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON ECODiesel
I just purchased the liner and really hoping it works. These tops are great but a nightmare when you want to accessories, (i.e. a rooftop tent). I installed the Garvin Industries exoskeleton Adventure rack and the sound was deafening due to the round bar right over the drivers head then added a Roofnest, even worse.
For comparison, I used the Decibel X app. Stopped and at idle 55 db, with rack and tent at 75mph, average 85db. Has anyone, by chance, measured the db's with the liner?
At this point I'm not happy with this aspect of my build. I don't keep the rack and tent on all the time and use the garagesmart lift system to remove them when not in use. Has anyone used gutter rail brackets for their rack/tent?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2310.jpeg
Sponsored