Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
Thanks those look great!
Thanks, I get a lot of good compliments on them. I was at the dealer getting an oil change and they were asking about them cause they wanted to do a Jeep up with a set.
Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
You guys are starting to cost me a lot of money! I have to stop reading posts on the forum that don't have anything to do with mechanical questions!!!! I was all set to order a set of Bartac's but I really didn't want the molle setup and the basic covers looked kind of cheap. I liked the Carhartt covers that Coverking has but the grey color was too light. After reading everything on this thread and several others it sounds like the PRP seat covers are definitely winners.

Just ordered mine. Rather than black seats that would disappear in the interior, I went with Graphite Tweed with black stitching, dark grey vinyl for the back and the two shoulder accents. It's just the Commander in Chief (she gave final approval on the color choice) and me, no dogs, no kids, nobody else rides with us so the tweed will kick things up a notch while protecting the seats from wear and tear. I have a Sting Grey JL with the graphite colored dash insert so I think the color combination will go very well.
Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 7.15.21 PM.png

Do you have pics of these tweed covers installed?

swang

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Have any PRP seat cover owners removed their seat covers? I'm curious if the OEM seats have sustained any damage.

Someone over at wranglerforum.com had a bad experience with Bartact seat covers. The inside seam where your thighs sit on the seat had worn a line across both front cloth seats. I had Bartact in my JK but never took them off. For my JL with cloth seats, I ended up returning my Bartacts for fear of damage...

Last edited:

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I just finished adding seat covers this weekend and they look great. My main motivation was to add some old Corbeau seat heaters that I've had for years without having to take the seats apart. The covers were pretty simply after watching the video and leaving them in the sun long enough to stretch and soften up. The only issues that I ran into with them was some of the straps underneath the butt cover being too tight and getting the velcro to stick strongly enough (hint, quick stitch with a needle and thread helped) and the front two clips not having someplace to clip to. But I am pleased with them. The heaters went in pretty easily, too, especially with an inline adapter from Amazon. The most difficult part was deciding where to put the switches and making that look as clean as I could. I am still not totally satisfied with their placement and may buy a new cup holder/bracket to replace them if I can determine if the place I want to put them will work. I would like to put them beneath the window switches (two door) but I just wasn't sure if drilling through that spot would have some circuitry or wiring behind it in that module in the dash. Does anyone know the answer to that (see last picture, highlighted)?

Jeep Wrangler JL PRP Seat Covers 20210129_194903626_iOS
Jeep Wrangler JL PRP Seat Covers 20210130_160243126_iOS
Jeep Wrangler JL PRP Seat Covers 20210130_232200432_iOS
Jeep Wrangler JL PRP Seat Covers 20210130_232211535_iOS (2)

20210129_194903626_iOS.jpg

Sponsored

swang

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
There doesn’t seem to be enough room beneath those window switches to add anything...

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
There doesn’t seem to be enough room beneath those window switches to add anything...
The window switches are above the circled area. That is the area I wanted to put the seat switches.

swang

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Have any PRP seat cover owners removed their seat covers? I'm curious if the OEM seats have sustained any damage.

Someone over at wranglerforum.com had a bad experience with Bartact seat covers. The inside seam where your thighs sit on the seat had worn a line across both front cloth seats. I had Bartact in my JK but never took them off. For my JL with cloth seats, I ended up returning my Bartacts for fear of damage...

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Anyone gotten the tan interior to get rid of the red stitching and installed PRPs over that tan leather?

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Custom PRP seat covers have gone up in price to $399 for front or back seats ($798 for full set). Lead time is now 10 weeks. I thought they were expensive when I purchased at $698 for a set.

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Custom PRP seat covers have gone up in price to $399 for front or back seats ($798 for full set). Lead time is now 10 weeks. I thought they were expensive when I purchased at $698 for a set.
It looks like they have gone up to $349 at Quadratec. I normally look at the vendors/manufacturers site but I found $319 a pretty good deal a few months ago for these since I was getting pretty simple pattern and standard looking (extremely similar as stock Rubicon covers) covers. In this case, that still applies although if I were getting more custom colors or textures, I think that this price is still a value for what you get. Also, the set there is now $698 although the options are limited.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Kilroy1941

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Those look great, so much for saving my money

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just an FYI for those considering ordering a custom set of seat covers. I just got off the phone with PRP to check on the status of my custom covers that I ordered on March 16. At the time I ordered, I was told they would take approximately 7 weeks for delivery. The rep I just spoke with said that the custom covers are taking longer to produce than expected. My covers now won’t ship until the end of this month, with expected delivery in June. So it's realistically 3 months to get a custom set of covers produced and delivered. That’s even beyond the 10 week estimate they now have posted on their web site.
Sponsored