First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I had a blank passenger eject switch in my JK that I used to scare the kids if they were acting up on a longer trips. :giggle:
Spod_zps960e4f06.jpg
For about 3 months I convinced my 3 young boys that the Hazard Button was an ejection switch. Then one day, oldest brother was giving middle brother very hard time. When we got to grocery store middle brother unbuckled, suddenly reached forward and pushed the hazard button to the screaming horror of his older brother... Middle brother was VERY disappointed. Oldest brother keeps an eye for middle brother ever since.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Do have to pay initial sales tax for purchasing the vehicle on top of that?
Yup but I only had to pay sales tax on the difference from my trade but yes we have close to a combined 7% in taxes.

This was in one of my old spread sheets I made but this would give you an idea off taxes and fees if you walked into the dealer and purchased without a trade. The registration fee would be exactly the same as that is based on the value of the vehicle.

2018-04-04_16-11-59.jpg

Last edited:

jravin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2004 L J
Occupation
Director of IT
It's not really much, but today I was able to activate the AT&T Hotspot in my JLUR! It actually works really well and Jeep gives you a 3 month 1 GB per month free trial.
And you can connect up to 8 devices to the wireless hotspot.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Threw on my doorless mirrors. Went with round but not sure if I like it better than square. What do you all think?

9C9868F4-A207-4C19-8E3A-7889FAF72E74.jpeg

5DD92E14-7FBF-4A47-8A2D-AFC036D9CBFE.jpeg

36FF48C4-B604-4AB0-A45C-F1A5CF14F549.jpeg

2D784A3E-C3C8-4EB6-99C5-C26271F2A996.jpeg

3C7597C1-C52A-439A-A7F2-D3EE44595EA9.jpeg
I was thinking of going rectangular but the round go pretty good with the headlights and air vents. I’m kind of digging it :like:

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Threw on my doorless mirrors. Went with round but not sure if I like it better than square. What do you all think?
The round mirrors visually flow with the round interior vents, instrument cluster's roundness, round knob on seat, round Jeep rated emblem. Exterior...they flow with the round headlights, the round tires.. They look good! .....Now, if you have a square head then maybe go with the square instead.

Could you please give a link to where you purchased those.

p.s. Black mirror housing goes go with blk/wh color of the JLU.

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Yup but I only had to pay sales tax on the difference from my trade but yes we have close to a combined 7% in taxes.

This was in one of my old spread sheets I made but this would give you an idea off taxes and fees if you walked into the dealer and purchased without a trade. The registration fee would be exactly the same as that is based on the value of the vehicle.

2018-04-04_16-11-59.jpg
Wow that's crazy, to pay all that and continue to pay tax every year for reg. is insane., but then again I pay 10k a year on property tax, and that's considered to be average in jersey.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
They bolt on like the factory Rubicon rails but with larger bolts into the pinch seem. Not sure I would use them as a jack point.

Sorry, I was impatient and had already installed them before I read your post. They are VERY easy to install. There are three brackets that mount to each side. They use the existing holes in the pinch welds for bolts/nuts and one bolt into the tub that is already threaded(If you have a Rubicon just look underneath, it uses the same holes.) What's nice is after the brackets are bolted on you don't need someone to help you mount the steps to the side... Just lay them on top and thread the 6 bolts in. I put all the bolts/nuts in hand tight and then bolted the steps as far away from the body as possible. Once all the bolts are in tighten the bottom three bolts first, followed by the 6 bolts/nuts that go through the pinch weld. Once the brackets are fully secure you can adjust the steps as close to the body as you like and tighten the remaining 6 bolts that attach the mounts to the steps. I'm happy to walk you through it over the phone or via PM if you like, but once you get into it you will realize how easy it actually is.
The steps include lights which I plan to wire once I have more free time.
DSC_0941.JPG

DSC_0913.JPG

DSC_0915.JPG
Well made? Heavy?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
It's not really much, but today I was able to activate the AT&T Hotspot in my JLUR! It actually works really well and Jeep gives you a 3 month 1 GB per month free trial.
And you can connect up to 8 devices to the wireless hotspot.
Please tell us how to do this!