First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR , '18 Jaguar F-Pace S
Occupation
retired
It's great if you never go off road. Be prepared for it to come right off on the first rocky trail you hit
I dont plan on doing any serious rock crawling but I've been to a few intermediate trails and no problems so far. I"m looking for a new rear bumper with integrated LED lights. Probably go with ADD. I really hate the exhaust. As soon as the high clearance AFE or Magnaflow are no longer backordered I will get one.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I dip the Jeep in black, adding a not so creative hood decal, and finally put that sports bumper piece back on to cover fog lights.

IMG_20180331_114107.jpg

IMG_20180331_182253.jpg

IMG_20180331_212619.jpg
The process is very easy. No need to remove the logo. Here is a great video for step by step. For the bumper insert, I remove the whole piece and cutout out the ugly extension and put the cover back on. A lot good info here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...port-euro-close-out-cover-bumper-pieces.2996/

IMG_20180321_191238.jpg
Premium top is a twill material and a little thicker. I can’t compare as I have always ran the standard top. With the changes to the top on the JL I don’t think it matters which top you have it is much easier to drop the top and remove the windows than the JK. I needed a little help or had to run around the JK, I can stand on one side and open it up on the JL.

I guess exterior noise would be dampened better with the premium top and maybe radio sound would be better, I am sure the ticker material probably keeps heat/AC inside better as well. Since both tops use the same door surrounds the areas for wind noise would be the same.

I have never had any issues with the standard top, maybe some day I will upgrade to a premium.

The only thing I don’t like about the JL is the front door surrounds are a little short so when it rains the water drains about 4” from the front of the a pillar and gets in the Jeep, the JK surrounds were a little longer.
Thank you very much for this post. Am reviewing that other thread, and will also be plasti dipping the Jeep emblems.

Never3nuff

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR , '18 Jaguar F-Pace S
Occupation
retired
Did you not like the black hawse fairlead that came with the VR series winch? You can probably sell it to someone on here if you haven't already who's winch came with an ugly one.
No I didnt like the VR series hawse fairlead. Its heavy cast iron and really thick. The supplied bolts were too short to work with the JCR winch plate. The Poison Spyder fairlead fit better and was only $45. If anyone is interested in the Warn fairlead, I will give it away. Just pay for shipping or come pick it up if you are local. PM me if interested≥.

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi. Granite Crystal
Occupation
Realtor
I dont plan on doing any serious rock crawling but I've been to a few intermediate trails and no problems so far. I"m looking for a new rear bumper with integrated LED lights. Probably go with ADD. I really hate the exhaust. As soon as the high clearance AFE or Magnaflow are no longer backordered I will get one.
Good luck with it. Keep it in mind when you're coming off a rock, maybe you can angle your departure to avoid hitting the light.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
Finished machining my new fairlead. I sanded it smooth but I'm not going to mirror polish it. No sense doing that if it's just going on the front of my jeep. I wish I had a warn fairlead in the original condition for the comparison, but like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, trying to sand that one smooth revealed that it was plated, so the one I have here is all scratched up from sanding. This took way longer to make than it should have, and most of that it because I mimicked the taper on the part. The only reason it's tapered is because the part would stick to the mold in the die casting process otherwise. All I had to do was make mine have straight edges and it would have cut a LOT of work off of it.

30070099_10160323879065094_322140872_o.jpg

30074523_10160323360980094_402046965_o.jpg

EDIT: Yes, I will consider making these available for purchase, I just have to read up on the forum rules for interest lists and such from normal members. If I do make them available for purchase, They will likely have flat edges instead of tapered, as it adds too much machining time.

Last edited:

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
You should add the ejector seats as well as the missile compliment.
s-l1000.jpg
I had a blank passenger eject switch in my JK that I used to scare the kids if they were acting up on a longer trips. :giggle:
Spod_zps960e4f06.jpg

Steve_South

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
isuzu dmx, prado landcruiser
Finished machining my new fairlead. I sanded it smooth but I'm not going to mirror polish it. No sense doing that if it's just going on the front of my jeep. I wish I had a warn fairlead in the original condition for the comparison, but like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, trying to sand that one smooth revealed that it was plated, so the one I have here is all scratched up from sanding. This took way longer to make than it should have, and most of that it because I mimicked the taper on the part. The only reason it's tapered is because the part would stick to the mold in the die casting process otherwise. All I had to do was make mine have straight edges and it would have cut a LOT of work off of it.

30070099_10160323879065094_322140872_o.jpg

30074523_10160323360980094_402046965_o.jpg
wish i had skills like that.

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
wish i had skills like that.
Takes mostly a lot of time to learn how to model things up and program them, but once you learn it it's pretty simple. I spent most of my 4th year in college teaching myself how to program CNC machines on my laptop while my foreign professors lectured word for word from their powerpoints, and didn't understand english well enough to answer any questions. I just happened to already have the right skills and tools to make this an easy job.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Pretty much right on. I estimated some things like the vehicle weight. I live in Denver too so if you're wondering how much you'll be paying wonder no more..

2018-04-02_12-22-23.jpg
Do have to pay initial sales tax for purchasing the vehicle on top of that?

Jcaron9gt4

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WRX | 2018 JLU Sport S 6 Speed
Added the Mopar grab handles, my .50cal antenna and my AR15 sticker to the back to show my 2A support.