Sponsored

You might have a "mall crawler" if.....

ZukiSam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
(Add your own thoughts to the list)
...you selected an aftermarket exhaust system that is "low and show" instead of "no-knock-rock"
Sponsored

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
I'm not sure how much off roading I'll do in my loaded rubicon, but if I want to use it as a planter in my front yard, I'll do it and be happy about it, because I bought it. The last thing I am is a snowflake, but there's a crap load of people on this forum that may have owned wranglers their whole life and never off roaded, and a lot of first time buyers that don't know whether they will eventually go off road but wanted the jeep experience. Whether that's heading to the mall or home depot with the dogs and kids and the top off, or driving to work with the top on, who the f*** really cares. There's other forums that pander to the off roading is king, f*** yeah dude, let's go deer jacking, everybody else ain't chit mentality. If people who buy jeeps and don't off road are such a source of humor to you, maybe you should go there. And you guys all started this before 6 am. Early risers and right to it! Good job!

Sponsored

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
I work all night, just another 90 more minutes and I'll get to go to bed!

I don't off road nearly as much as I maybe ought to for a Rubicon owner either (barely anywhere to go nearby), but I still enjoy some light-hearted mall crawler jabs. I think people are mostly just bored and are looking for some humor.

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
I work all night, just another 90 more minutes and I'll get to go to bed!

I don't off road nearly as much as I maybe ought to for a Rubicon owner either (barely anywhere to go nearby), but I still enjoy some light-hearted mall crawler jabs. I think people are mostly just bored and are looking for some humor.

Trust me I love humor, and I'm the most sarcastic person I know. But there's other forums that an administrator will rip you apart if your winch isn't warn, if your lift didn't cost 5k, basically if you don't use anything they personally approve of. And then everyone piles on. There's a lot of first timers here and the fact this forum is so welcoming and helpful is part of it's appeal. If they're spending $35-55k for their first jeep, they shouldn't be feeling laughed at if they have no plans to off road. Kind of a snow flake answer, I know, but there's an excellent jeep humor thread that is actually jeep humor. These are more just insults to people that don't plan on off roading or don't know if they will.

redhook98

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
This is like the Corvettes site I am part of. On those, if you don't have a Z-06, your not a real Corvette guy and your car is slow/inferior. Seems the same here with Rubicon and so-called "serious" off-road guys. Who the F--K cares what someone uses it for. Even some of you who do use them for mall-crawlers are probably getting in on the insulting so that others think your not one (group mentality).

And don't get me started on the waving BS. If you have to guilt people into returning waves, or get upset when someone doesn't wave back, you have issues. It's a marketing ploy from Jeep that started after the Harley and Corvette guys found success with it. Again, the same BS about waving can be found on Vette sites.

OK, back to work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZukiSam

ZukiSam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Just a little fun here... no need to take offense... I just put street tires on my trail bike and I'm OK with that... If not for mall crawlers there might not be enough of a market for Wranglers to be produced... that said.... if your favorite option is painted fenders you might have a mall crawler

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Trust me I love humor, and I'm the most sarcastic person I know. But there's other forums that an administrator will rip you apart if your winch isn't warn, if your lift didn't cost 5k, basically if you don't use anything they personally approve of. And then everyone piles on. There's a lot of first timers here and the fact this forum is so welcoming and helpful is part of it's appeal. If they're spending $35-55k for their first jeep, they shouldn't be feeling laughed at if they have no plans to off road. Kind of a snow flake answer, I know, but there's an excellent jeep humor thread that is actually jeep humor. These are more just insults to people that don't plan on off roading or don't know if they will.
Don't take it too seriously. I think a dedicated thread to make fun is one thing. Replying to a member in a regular post is entirely different.

You can always flip it around. Most that use the term are the ones that bolt on a lift kit and larger tires immediately and see nothing more than a fire road.

So you may be a mall crawler if you......

Immediately install a lift kit with larger tires only to complain that the Jeep rides like crap for such an expensive vehicle!

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I'm not sure how much off roading I'll do in my loaded rubicon, but if I want to use it as a planter in my front yard, I'll do it and be happy about it, because I bought it. The last thing I am is a snowflake, but there's a crap load of people on this forum that may have owned wranglers their whole life and never off roaded, and a lot of first time buyers that don't know whether they will eventually go off road but wanted the jeep experience. Whether that's heading to the mall or home depot with the dogs and kids and the top off, or driving to work with the top on, who the f*** really cares. There's other forums that pander to the off roading is king, f*** yeah dude, let's go deer jacking, everybody else ain't chit mentality. If people who buy jeeps and don't off road are such a source of humor to you, maybe you should go there. And you guys all started this before 6 am. Early risers and right to it! Good job!
Reeeeelax man! Early morning humor beats early morning "all cranked up".

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
When I opened this thread I immediately thought of “You might be a redneck if”. It didn’t cross my mind that this was a thread to bash “non-offroaders”. Let’s get back to having some fun as I wait for my Sahara.
24fa3c.jpg
Sponsored