Sponsored

Diesels sit higher. Am I missing something.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
After my second test drive of the JLURD, my eye told me something was different with the way the JKURD sits vs the JLUR. I didn’t have a measuring tape so with a piece of paper I folded to fit btw the front tire and fender on the JLUR I found out that the JLURD is around 3/4 taller than the standard JLUR.

Is this a fender installation height? I didn’t check the rears but rake doesn’t appear different. What gives?

I checked three diesels and 4 standard. All rubis.
Sponsored

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
My Rubicon diesel sits higher than my friends Rubicon gasser, I think Jeep did that to accommodate for the heavier engine.

OP
OP

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Rubicon diesel sits higher than my friends Rubicon gasser, I think Jeep did that to accommodate for the heavier engine.
That was my initial thought. But if it’s not settling it would mean it’s oversprung. But driving it doesn’t feel like it is oversprung. And the rake is the same. Hmm...

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Look underneath, with all the $$$$$$$$$$ EPA required sensors and BS FCA figured a little extra ground clearance might be of use.

OP
OP

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look underneath, with all the $$$$$$$$$$ EPA required sensors and BS FCA figured a little extra ground clearance might be of use.
When i looked under the front end, it was still steering and suspension components that were the lowest parts regarding clearance issues. Need to go back and measure the rear...

Killdozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
Are the sport and rubicon diesel using the same heights, of course considering the different tires. Would a 35 fit on a diesel regardless of trim.
Sponsored