Picture request thread

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Somebody had asked for an overhead, cutaway pic of the JLU:

ytyu.jpg
Sponsored

jstew182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Sting-Gray
Could someone post some pics showing under the driver seat. I know the 2011 and up JK's didn't have room for locking storage underneath but was curious if there was room under the seats of the JL's. Thanks!

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Looking for someone with the Dirtydog for JLU. I watched videos but I'd like to see the usefulness with the rear seats up and maybe some feedback from dog owners. If there was tan carpet I'd be in heaven.....

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
D4DF1C48-261C-4172-A09F-CE571DCBBB2F.jpeg
8366E0A2-7C45-4674-AD3F-9215F8021E2C.jpeg
Yeah that's fine depending on your carry position/body/vehicle.

I tend to carry a full size gun in the appendix position, making drawing while sitting in a car quite complicated. So it's more realistic to have it in a dedicated car holster while driving and just transfer it when exiting the vehicle.

If I carry a smaller gun on the hip, then yeah, it'd stay there.
full size to the right and xtra full a little further right.. or full in the middle.. actually fabricating a couple mounts for both will be lockable/concealed when needed...

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
full size to the right and xtra full a little further right.. or full in the middle.. actually fabricating a couple mounts for both will be lockable/concealed when needed...
I sure hope you mount them somehow - If you got rear ended you'd have some large metal objects flying around your cabin.

Love the AR though. She's a beauty!

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Thank you and thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing.. trying to figure out safe and secure storage but they sure look nice with the red dash....

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I'm not a gun person at all so forgive me for asking, but do why the need to have a gun holster (or multiple) in your Jeep for daily driving? Preparation for some road rage in the mall parking lot? Wendy's messes up your drive-thru order?

In all seriousness though I understand to each his own. For me personally having a gun in the rig only makes sense if I'm going camping or on a long solo trail ride. Do people holster their guns each time they get in the jeep or do you only carry on special occasions/certain trips?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I'm not a gun person at all so forgive me for asking, but do why the need to have a gun holster (or multiple) in your Jeep for daily driving? Preparation for some road rage in the mall parking lot? Wendy's messes up your drive-thru order?

In all seriousness though I understand to each his own. For me personally having a gun in the rig only makes sense if I'm going camping or on a long solo trail ride. Do people holster their guns each time they get in the jeep or do you only carry on special occasions/certain trips?
A gun is a tool and some people will carry them at all times same as others carry a swiss army knife. Jeeps will have other tools mounted to them even though they are not going off road on that day. Simple as that. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S

Iā€™m also not really a gun guy but just like my urge for impromptu hikes, some people may have the urge for impromptu gun range days!

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician

I spend over 8 months a year guiding and hunting in the woods and the only 2 things I trust are my Glock and my God.. my rig will be set up to get out of town when needed in the unlikely yet potential event of utter chaos and the majority of miles will be off-road as this is not my DD. The firearms need to properly and safely secured to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. I hold CHLā€™s in Oregon, Arizona and Utah and I am always carrying when itā€™s legal. I am the good guy with a gun that will stop a bad guy with a gun yet always pray that such an event never happens but I am prepared and not for any of the irresponsible/asinine events listed above that have to do with Wendyā€™s and road rage etc. Thatā€™s all the further I need to get into the subject. I hope I answered your questions honestly and respectfully. Have a blessed day.

Sponsored

Steeler Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara, 2018 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4
I'm looking for pics of a Sahara or Sport with the Mopar 2" lift and 33s, OR the Teraflex 1.5" lift with the Falcon shocks. My stock Sahara rides stiff in my opinion. Hoping those aftermarket shocks ride a little softer... I'm fully aware that those lifts will handle 35s but I'm gonna go with the 33s.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Yellow_Rubi-can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
God i love this forum!
I learn new things about things i didn't know that i needed to learn new things about! :movember:

Yellow_Rubi-can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
I would love to see a picture of both engines (the 3.6 and the 2.0) top down without the engine cover. If you ever take that plastic cover off for any reason, and happen to snap a pic, please share

FiveMagics

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta (Used to have an ā€˜03 TJ, awaiting opportunity to get a JL)
This is a great idea to keep the clutter down on the board. Iā€™m looking for clear straight on shot of driverā€™s footwell in a manual transmission. Particularly if thereā€™s room for a dead pedal. Thanks!
Sponsored