Sponsored

Got the Steering TSB done but...

blkhawk_jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I got the tab done on my 19 JL yesterday, can confirm the vehicle tracks straight but still drives like a Jeep. It's definitely less work to keep the vehicle in the lane, still requires some input here and there but overall it's better. The only thing I found weird is that that 2'' play zone in the centre is still there, at least on mine. When I drove off the lot my steering wheel wasn't straight, I adjusted it on the side of the road but still have that dead zone. Anyone else with the tub experience this?
Sponsored

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
I got the tab done on my 19 JL yesterday, can confirm the vehicle tracks straight but still drives like a Jeep. It's definitely less work to keep the vehicle in the lane, still requires some input here and there but overall it's better. The only thing I found weird is that that 2'' play zone in the centre is still there, at least on mine. When I drove off the lot my steering wheel wasn't straight, I adjusted it on the side of the road but still have that dead zone. Anyone else with the tub experience this?
2021 JLU
Already has the new steering box, can confirm there is a slight play of maybe an inch .
Its isnt about the inch, movement inside the inch is there but so negligible that it seems it is "Play" after that inch it like kicks in and starts to show the wheel turn.

It is like on a programmed Curve algorithm, between 0-5 degrees the amount of wheel turn is so little as if not there...then after those 5 degrees it starts to show.I tested this alot and took a video of the wheels and they did infact turn in that free gap but microscopic.

Also with small nudges on the highway it never returns to center completely though it drives straight as a train on tracks when lined up.

I think it varies from one jeep to another but all i can say is yeah, That is how Jeep drives as they always said.

My frst Jeep ever, 600 Miles on it. I can live with it.

I tried the R34 Fuse reset and it seems it did actually kind of tighten the gap a bit better than when i first took delivery of it.It was hard to concentrate when driving it i thought oh maybe its just me never used to how a 4x4 raised vehicle such as this drives , always bouncing ever so slightly ping poing in my own lane.

Try it