Sponsored

Jeep had to go back to dealer 2 times since getting the steering TSB done last March. Both times ABS, 4WD, TCS and Parksense service lights were on.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Got the steering TSB finally done last March after going through a horrific dealer experience where the original dealer BSd and told me my Jeep is not covered (a 2020 JLUR). Thanks to Jeep Cares, a second dealer near my house did it for me but they too initially tried to give me a run around. For the curious, the first dealer was Westbury Jeep on Long Island and the second dealer was Empire CJDR in Islip, NY. Link: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-stating-that-his-test-drive-shows-ok.66444/

While they were nice enough to do the TSB, the Jeep had to go back to their shop twice: first time just four days after they did the TSB back in March and then the second time was last week.

Both times the ABS, 4WD, TCS and Parksense service indicators went off on the dash. The first time it was an ABS sensor and the second time it was a harness rubbing my steering gear and a broken wire. Hoping this is the end of that and I dont have to go back due to another Steering TSB related issue. The Jeep is there for hours at end! Hate to say but even the Mom/Pop mechanic down the street would have known how to properly install a steering box.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep had to go back to dealer 2 times since getting the steering TSB done last March. Both times ABS, 4WD, TCS and Parksense service lights were on. 58140DE4-002E-4B24-BD32-3F84FCA9809A
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I purchased my ‘20 JLU from Empire. My experience with them has been fantastic.

Westbury is a completely different story. They flat out suck. They are too big for their own good. I bought my ‘15 JKU from them. I had a wheel sensor go bad. Pulled up in line at the service center and was turned away because I didn’t have an appointment, despite showing the service guy the lights on my dash. I called Empire and they told me to come right over. I will never buy a vehicle from Westbury ever again.

OP
OP
631_Islander

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
I purchased my ‘20 JLU from Empire. My experience with them has been fantastic.

Westbury is a completely different story. They flat out suck. They are too big for their own good. I bought my ‘15 JKU from them. I had a wheel sensor go bad. Pulled up in line at the service center and was turned away because I didn’t have an appointment, despite showing the service guy the lights on my dash. I called Empire and they told me to come right over. I will never buy a vehicle from Westbury ever again.
I have to give Empire respect where it is due for sure. At the end of the day they performed the TSB after all. Both times when my lights came on, they were courteous and admitted fault quickly rather than BS and blame it on me. Small things like these go a long way. The quality of work done during the TSB may not be the best but their level of courtesy is above average for sure.
Sponsored