Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
Hey All,

So I ordered my JLURD in September and my Jeep is now currently being shipped, but I just notice that I missed getting the Cold Weather Package. With me living in Colorado I wanted the Heated Seat and Steering wheel and its kind of a deal breaker.

So to the point what are my options?
Can I upgrade to the OEM parts?
What Aftermarket Parts that work with the Saddle Brown Leather?
Or should I reorder.

Thanks in advance for the Help.
Sponsored

SP25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey All,

So I ordered my JLURD in September and my Jeep is now currently being shipped, but I just notice that I missed getting the Cold Weather Package. With me living in Colorado I wanted the Heated Seat and Steering wheel and its kind of a deal breaker.

So to the point what are my options?
Can I upgrade to the OEM parts?
What Aftermarket Parts that work with the Saddle Brown Leather?
Or should I reorder.

Thanks in advance for the Help.
If it’s a deal breaker; I would reorder. I just feel it would be way more hassle/money to get it aftermarket.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
You might want to read the fine print before you just "reorder." There's a good chance you'll forfeit your deposit. If it was a deal breaker, I'm not sure how you would forget? We're talking about a $50-$60K vehicle... not a lunch at McDonalds. Didn't you sign a vehicle configuration order form?

There are aftermarket options but they won't look OEM.

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I doubt aftermarket options are as good. No idea if it's something the dealer could install after the fact or not but I'd ask.

If it's a deal breaker, a reorder might be what it comes to. But I'd say it varies by dealer as to how willing they will be to work with you.

I went through a similar thing myself recently. I placed an order back on 9/3. After doing more and more research, I wanted to chance a few things around `10/3. My dealer was great about it and just let me reorder saying they'd have no problem selling my original order.

The tough part is the additional wait though. I probably would've had my first order right around now but now I bet I'll be pushing Christmas.

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
You get the aux package? Way the market is you could prob order another one and drive this one lightly till your new one comes in and just sell the oops for about what you paid.

OP
OP
Louisromersh

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
Hey All,

First of all I want to say thanks for the responses.

So I reached out to my dealer and discussed the situation and basically I'm at some level of S.O.L..

My dealer will not allow me to reorder the a new JLURD and I kind of have to take delivery of the one I ordered.

So this leaves me at two options.
1. I take delivery and drive it for a month or two and see if I really do need the Cold Weather Package, and also consider any other factory option I may want to for the Reorder.
2. Add the after marked heated seats and get the remote start kit from Mopar(82216342AA), my dealer quoted me $350 for the heated seats for the first row.

But there is a possible third options I think, after doing some research on the forms here there are others that have ran into this situation and are working on adding the Factory/OEM parts to there Jeep. Now this will take some doing on my side to see if the wiring is all there but I like this idea so we will see.

Thanks

Last edited:

Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x5
Hey All,

First of all I want to say thanks for the responses.

So I reached out to my dealer and discussed the situation and basically I'm at some level of S.O.L..

My dealer will not allow me to reorder the a new JLURD and I kind of have to take delivery of the one I ordered.

So this leaves me at two options.
1. I take delivery and drive it for a month or two and see if I really do need the Cold Weather Package, and also consider any other factory option I may want to for the Reorder.
2. Add the after marked heated seats and get the remote start kit from Mopar(82216342AA), my dealer quoted me $350 for the heated seats for the first row.

But there is a think a possible third options, after doing some research on the forms here there are others that have ran into this situation and are working on adding the Factory/OEM parts to there Jeep. Now this will take some doing on my side to see if the wiring is all there but I like this idea so we will see.

Thanks

I'd forgo the deposit- heated wheel and seats are a must have. maybe try another dealer>?

rocky4by

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ram cummins
You can cancel your order and order from another dealer, I am finding that most dealers will refund your deposit?

letank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cayenne, 2013 SL550 , 2021 JLUR, 2021 992C2S
You can cancel your order and order from another dealer, I am finding that most dealers will refund your deposit?
I was specifically told by multiple dealers that deposits are non refundable on ordered cars. I assume all dealers work the same?

rocky4by

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ram cummins
I was specifically told by multiple dealers that deposits are non refundable on ordered cars. I assume all dealers work the same?
I just canceled my Gladiator order and they sent my deposit right back to our bank :like: Now I am about to order our Wrangler Rubicon. I have only found 2 dealers that I have called that said no refunds.
Sponsored