Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
  • Banned
Hi. I have a JLUR with 20K miles. On monday, I had my existing 37" bfg ko2s mounted on a set of method wheels at a local discount tire.

Since, 2 of the TPMS sensors keep cutting out. They will show up and read correct... then error out for a while tripping the dash light. Then show back up. Its the same 2 every time. Is this something I need to take back to tire shop?

I thought the JL TPMS sensors were "self learning" with the unconnect system and there was nothing to re-set. Is that wrong? Or is there a way to reset them or the system?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Self learning. However hit or miss when you go lift and bigger tires. The Jeep is having issues transmitting every wheel turn to the TPMS. That is why you occasionally get a reading but the light is on because it isn’t working perfectly.

Best results we have seen is from OEM sensors and nothing else. Some are not having issues. More issues with the 18 JLs than the other. Welcome to the party.

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Self learning. However hit or miss when you go lift and bigger tires. The Jeep is having issues transmitting every wheel turn to the TPMS. That is why you occasionally get a reading but the light is on because it isn’t working perfectly.

Best results we have seen is from OEM sensors and nothing else. Some are not having issues. More issues with the 18 JLs than the other. Welcome to the party.
Interesting. I didn't even know this was an issue. I do have the OEM sensors. They worked perfectly before with same lift and tires, just on OE wheels. Would transferring to new wheels create an issue? Like I said, I had no idea this was even an issue. Is that why some use their tazer to turn off the TPMS?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Interesting. I didn't even know this was an issue. I do have the OEM sensors. They worked perfectly before with same lift and tires, just on OE wheels. Would transferring to new wheels create an issue? Like I said, I had no idea this was even an issue. Is that why some use their tazer to turn off the TPMS?
Yes some aftermarket wheels could cause it. All depends on how the TPMS is sitting and the interference it has to go through. Best bet is to use the OE sensors. Doesn’t mean you will be fixed. However is the OE sensors don’t work, chances are nothing will and you are SOL.

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Yes some aftermarket wheels could cause it. All depends on how the TPMS is sitting and the interference it has to go through. Best bet is to use the OE sensors. Doesn’t mean you will be fixed. However is the OE sensors don’t work, chances are nothing will and you are SOL.
ha. sweet. story of my build. haha. I'm seriously going to quit messing with this jeep. Everything I do pisses me off. Upgraded steering and got death wobble. Replaced tire carrier and now makes noise when factory carrier never did. Now switched wheels and TPMS sensor goes off every other time I start the vehicle. haha. I give up.

Thanks for the info! I appreciate the response.
Sponsored