Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
For my A-pillar lights I was always going to get a pair of the gravity pro6 led lights for that spot. Now that the Flex 3 came out, I'm 90% now switching to those instead.
Sponsored

WTFSoCal

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Network/Systems Engineer
For my A-pillar lights I was always going to get a pair of the gravity pro6 led lights for that spot. Now that the Flex 3 came out, I'm 90% now switching to those instead.
I ordered a set on opening day for pre order. I think I heard they are going to be shipping today so I should be able to get them installed in a couple days from now. Looking forward to seeing them!

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a set on opening day for pre order. I think I heard they are going to be shipping today so I should be able to get them installed in a couple days from now. Looking forward to seeing them!
Sick. Can't wait for pictures buddy

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Call me interested... for pillar mounting. Question as it has two power leads, and the combo is both amber back lit and spot how would this install on a Jeep with aux switches and/or aftermarket switch controls (s-pod etc)?

Sponsored

WTFSoCal

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Network/Systems Engineer
Does anyone know if the Gravity light bar makes any wind noise?

Thank you
I cant say it makes none, but you really have to try hard to hear it. I have had several bars int he past and the KC GP6 is by far the least noisy.

WTFSoCal

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Network/Systems Engineer
Call me interested... for pillar mounting. Question as it has two power leads, and the combo is both amber back lit and spot how would this install on a Jeep with aux switches and/or aftermarket switch controls (s-pod etc)?
Im expecting my lights any day now, Ill let you know how they need to be wired. my only confusion is the yellow wire that connects to the switch. i need to have a closer look at the harness to see how the back light and led's work independently... more soon, hang tight.

WTFSoCal

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Network/Systems Engineer
OK I figured out how this will work and my thinking was confirmed from one of the guys at KC.
not sure how you want them to work... if you want the backlights on a different switch or off your daytime running lights or...even on the same switch.

*** Note that KC did not design the FE3 to have Amber and White on at the same time. So take caution if you attempt to do this yourself ***

If you have an spod, you will only need the light end of the harness. connect the backlights to one switch and the LED lights to another switch. Because the SPOD doesn't need the circuit grounded at the spod, you can use your chasis as a ground as well.

So I might have the colors backward for this next section, but it really wont matter other than which switch does what. its easy to reverse and wont cause any harm to the car...

If you are going to use the AUX switches in the jeep, you would use the whole harness and connect the lead from the backlights (white wire that would connect to the KC switch) to a low amperage switch on the AUX switch bank, and the Green wire( also from the KC switch) to another Aux switch.

feel free to hit me up if i confused you.

Last edited:

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jeep Generation and @WTFSoCal which beam pattern do you recommend for the A pillar if I have the gravity pro6 light bar and Flex combo 10in light bar on my winch? Originally for the pro6 I was thinking of getting spot, should I just do the same for the Flex 3?

I still have to see how the lighting works for it, so the main beam is white, and the backlight is amber? I'll have to do more research tonight. And the amber backlight as daytime lights sound intriguing as well.

WTFSoCal

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Network/Systems Engineer
@Jeep Generation and @WTFSoCal which beam pattern do you recommend for the A pillar if I have the gravity pro6 light bar and Flex combo 10in light bar on my winch? Originally for the pro6 I was thinking of getting spot, should I just do the same for the Flex 3?

I still have to see how the lighting works for it, so the main beam is white, and the backlight is amber? I'll have to do more research tonight. And the amber backlight as daytime lights sound intriguing as well.
I think for an A pillar. light, combo is the way to go, you want to spread that light as wide as you can to get a better field of view in the dark.
The amber backlights in the Era3s use so little power, you could easily splice them in to your running lights without a need for a larger fuse or a relay... Im getting mine tomorrow, so Ill get em wired up ASAP and get some pics up !
Sponsored