Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Is it me or does sting gray look nothing like the ceramic gray I was hoping? SG looks way lighter almost silver..,disappointing. Someone tell me it actually looks like this in better light...

DE496A06-A95E-4736-B1D2-79AFEA800FC5.jpeg
Google image destroyer gray or ceramic gray. They look very different in different light. I think it's the same color.

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Trust me you'll love the paint being flat/non-metallic! Silver is everywhere Sting-Grey is truely unique and will pop out in a crowd. When I bought my last Jeep that's why I picked Anvil.

jeep2.JPG

10a.jpg
Love that Anvil color with the red leather seats. Nice looking ride.

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
Google image destroyer gray or ceramic gray. They look very different in different light. I think it's the same color.
I think you're right. It's a very lighting dynamic color. Part of its appeal if you ask me. I mean look at this destroyer gray video and tell me that doesn't look badass. Same color. I think in person is where this color will really shine

Sting-Gray AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, Sting-Gray
I think I've made up my mind that I am ordering Sting Grey after todays events!

In honor of that, I present you the first in a series of color specific designs for the JL:

stinggrey1.png
Sorry, but this is the 3rd design. @ThirtyOne has the two others. His avatar and a B/W version.
Yours is sharp too!

Sponsored

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Sorry, but this is the 3rd design. @ThirtyOne has the two others. His avatar and a B/W version.
Yours is sharp too!
I was referencing the first in my series of designs, representing each color of JL - I saw the other designs for sting gray in this thread and love them!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I was referencing the first in my series of designs, representing each color of JL - I saw the other designs for sting gray in this thread and love them!
Love your stuff too. Y'all have a great reputation and I'm glad you're members here and joining the Sting-Gray Club!

Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Blame the U
D70EAC2D-6894-40EB-853A-1524EA10CE7C.jpeg
nited States Navy - as far as I am concerned it is one of the only real original colors.
dfa9d391c2ddc2b31d9b952746a45085.jpg
Seeing these pics might have changed my mind for me. Love this color. I still wish they had Gobi but I would be very happy with this color

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
I think I've made up my mind that I am ordering Sting Grey after todays events!

In honor of that, I present you the first in a series of color specific designs for the JL:

stinggrey1.png
sold! :clap:

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
You may want it with a tann soft top too :)

dsc_0254.jpg
I wanted that tan top so much but I decided the moment sting Gray opened up for ordering I’d take the black as I was so unsure about when the tan would come available. I think the black looks great.. I just wanted a second option. Black in winter, tan in summer. Maybe in a few more years.

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
Nope, you aren't alone. There are plenty of jealous, petty, insecure people out there that feel the exact same way.
Lol 2 posts. Did you join just to defend RRs?

Nm I see you joined a couple weeks ago. Just seemed coincidental. I like RRs for what it's worth. For the off the shelf capability I'd go Jeep though.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.