PHXjlu

First Name
PHX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jlu 2020
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same one. It will work. Just takes a bit longer. It will get hot but most of them do.

It’s a good pump for the price.
Thank you for the info, I havent opened the box yet and was thinking to return it and get the 400P. I think I will keep after your update. Appreciate it
Sponsored

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Thank you for the info, I havent opened the box yet and was thinking to return it and get the 400P. I think I will keep after your update. Appreciate it
Depending on how you want to use it, I would consider returning it and get a 450p actually.

Both the 300p and 400p have a 33% duty cycle.

450p has a 100% duty cycle.

So a 300p and a 400p will be able to fill your tires 1 at a time no problem.

But with the 450p you can use a 4 tire hose and fill all of them at the same time without the compressor needing to take breaks. Just sit in your nice air conditioned Jeep and watch the pressure come up on the TPMS.

PHXjlu

First Name
PHX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jlu 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on how you want to use it, I would consider returning it and get a 450p actually.

Both the 300p and 400p have a 33% duty cycle.

450p has a 100% duty cycle.

So a 300p and a 400p will be able to fill your tires 1 at a time no problem.

But with the 450p you can use a 4 tire hose and fill all of them at the same time without the compressor needing to take breaks. Just sit in your nice air conditioned Jeep and watch the pressure come up on the TPMS.
I'm ok with filling one tire at the time, but also might consider return it and get something better for the long run. Thanks for your input

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hijack the OP's thread, but, I'm also looking for a budget friendly portable air compressor. So far, it looks like people are talking about the following compressors.
  • VIAIR 300P, 400P or 450P
  • Smittybilt 2781
  • Bulldog 41000
  • Puma
I'll be hitting the trails twice a month. My criteria is that the compressor is compact, reliable, and comes with a good pressure monitor and a nozzle that screws on to the tire valve instead of clipping on. I hate the clip-ons, most of the time they don't seat well on the valve. I'm ok with inflating one tire at a time and it should be able to inflate 37" tires in about 2 minutes or less. I don't need to mount it inside the vehicle, I would like to use it for my other cars as well.

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hijack the OP's thread, but, I'm also looking for a budget friendly portable air compressor. So far, it looks like people are talking about the following compressors.
  • VIAIR 300P, 400P or 450P
  • Smittybilt 2781
  • Bulldog 41000
  • Puma
I'll be hitting the trails twice a month. My criteria is that the compressor is compact, reliable, and comes with a good pressure monitor and a nozzle that screws on to the tire valve instead of clipping on. I hate the clip-ons, most of the time they don't seat well on the valve. I'm ok with inflating one tire at a time and it should be able to inflate 37" tires in about 2 minutes or less. I don't need to mount it inside the vehicle, I would like to use it for my other cars as well.
Does anyone know if I can use the Viair 400P on my 37" tires. It's rated for 35".

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Does anyone know if I can use the Viair 400P on my 37" tires. It's rated for 35".
Maybe not in 1 duty cycle depending on what you aired down to. But it will air it up eventually.

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
New Jeep owner and first time poster on the forum, heading out to CO later this month, so finally getting some basics in place. Thanks to everyone on the thread, really good advice. Ended up with the Viair 450P as I found a great deal on E-Bay ($250 + tax, free shipping). It's not posted there anymore but worth checking back if anyone is still looking.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Looking to get the viair 300 or 450 for having on hand for occasional off-road, beach driving. Need to be able to fill 37s. Would the 300 suffice and I can save some coin? Ok with one tire at a time.
Sponsored