Ohio beginner trails

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
It will be closer to 11am for us. If we can get there earlier we will, though. This will be our first time being there. Any recommendations for us beginners of where to go and where not to?
If you can find us, tag along! My Jeep is easy to spot. See photos earlier in the thread and I have a skeleton on my front bumper now :)
Sponsored

damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you can find us, tag along! My Jeep is easy to spot. See photos earlier in the thread and I have a skeleton on my front bumper now :)
I am pretty sure we passed you guys today. We didn’t end up getting started until nearly noon. I’ve attached some pictures from the day. We ended up doing photo run, upper and lower rim, and backwoods. It was a great time! Maybe next time we can meet up.

E5760FCF-A5E6-42B3-8712-15EDFC694D72.jpeg

5932E758-676E-4868-A2EF-CDAC1B02D39D.jpeg

D8D42BF6-3D43-4D8A-AA5B-CFF4708510AA.jpeg

5D94B11C-9521-44F1-883D-E2C8B74F0191.jpeg

92F7ADB1-5BDB-4362-9CF0-B76E13253F5D.jpeg

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I am pretty sure we passed you guys today. We didn’t end up getting started until nearly noon. I’ve attached some pictures from the day. We ended up doing photo run, upper and lower rim, and backwoods. It was a great time! Maybe next time we can meet up.

E5760FCF-A5E6-42B3-8712-15EDFC694D72.jpeg

5932E758-676E-4868-A2EF-CDAC1B02D39D.jpeg

D8D42BF6-3D43-4D8A-AA5B-CFF4708510AA.jpeg

5D94B11C-9521-44F1-883D-E2C8B74F0191.jpeg

92F7ADB1-5BDB-4362-9CF0-B76E13253F5D.jpeg
Are you running 35,s with no lift? If so, any issues with rubbing?

damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Are you running 35,s with no lift? If so, any issues with rubbing?
Yes, and I didn’t have any issues with running. I did have the sway bar disconnected. I didn’t get too flexy, but for everything we did there was no issue. I will be lifting in the near future, though.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Hey guys - Just got my yellow JLU Sport S last month and am thinking about heading out to Southington sometime this winter with a buddy. Never been piloting off-road before but my buddy took me up to the Michigan dunes in his RAM a couple summers ago and it was awesome. Also, I don't have the anti-spin rear diff, so I'm rocking the highway Michelin tires which I suspect are less than ideal.

You folks still have a standing outing the first Saturday of the month? I'd like to join. I'm out in Solon.

Sponsored

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Hey guys - Just got my yellow JLU Sport S last month and am thinking about heading out to Southington sometime this winter with a buddy. Never been piloting off-road before but my buddy took me up to the Michigan dunes in his RAM a couple summers ago and it was awesome. Also, I don't have the anti-spin rear diff, so I'm rocking the highway Michelin tires which I suspect are less than ideal.

You folks still have a standing outing the first Saturday of the month? I'd like to join. I'm out in Solon.
Right on! Im ready! :) They have a trail ride this Friday (Black Friday) and I want to go but may be in a food coma and want to visit some family so I’m on the fence. They're open again December 14th though so I’ll definitely be going then.

If you can’t make it December, they’re closed January so it’d be February at the earliest.

I go on Saturdays monthly so whenever you and anyone wants, drop in here or text me (number somewhere in here). I’m always happy to go wheeling!

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s 1999 Cherokee Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Anybody want to go to Southington February 2nd?

Jacoby

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Anybody want to go to Southington February 2nd?
Sunday the 2nd? Thought it was a Saturday from their website then got confused when I checked the calendar. What time were you thinking?

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Sunday the 2nd? Thought it was a Saturday from their website then got confused when I checked the calendar. What time were you thinking?
Doesn't matter what time I'd rather be earlier than later to use more of the day.

2CLE1LIFE6

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
New member here, looking to head up to SOR for the March dates! Anyone going up there?

Sponsored

TScottG

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I am excited that I have stumbled across this thread. I will be busy the next few months but I am hoping some of you others may be going in June. My Sport S is stock and this will be my first time out, so I am hoping to stay mostly on beginner trails. I have a few questions for you guys. I have the stock side steps on my jeep. I would love to upgrade them to some Rubi Rail take offs or other rock sliders but not sure if that would be done by then. Will I been safe with the side steps? I am wondering about airing down my tires and then re-inflation. Will I need to have onboard air before I go? Lastly, what form of communication does everyone use. I was thinking about installing a CB but I wasn't sure if that was necessary or if that was what others are using. I really have the bug to get off-road, hoping some of you may be willing to join.

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I am excited that I have stumbled across this thread. I will be busy the next few months but I am hoping some of you others may be going in June. My Sport S is stock and this will be my first time out, so I am hoping to stay mostly on beginner trails. I have a few questions for you guys. I have the stock side steps on my jeep. I would love to upgrade them to some Rubi Rail take offs or other rock sliders but not sure if that would be done by then. Will I been safe with the side steps? I am wondering about airing down my tires and then re-inflation. Will I need to have onboard air before I go? Lastly, what form of communication does everyone use. I was thinking about installing a CB but I wasn't sure if that was necessary or if that was what others are using. I really have the bug to get off-road, hoping some of you may be willing to join.
I would imagine the stock steps will be fine for most of the trails. I haven’t been there yet either so I’m not sure what to expect. If they have air close you could air down or just leave enough air left to drive to a gas station after. I usually just had walked talkies with friends but I’m sure other people have more communications. We’ll have to get a group to go!
Sponsored