Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

F337ACC3-57F7-4C4C-9EFB-4A7183F8663A.jpeg

Thanks Craig at Koons! I ordered 7/16 and it arrived in 5 weeks. I flew up from West Palm Florida and will be driving her down.
You already bought one, right? Now you're wanting to change the deal? Or maybe you're buying another?
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
$41,655 - I posted a picture of the deal breakdown on the original thread just now. Not looking for a pat on the back. Looking for a killer deal, I don’t need another vehicle right now but if it’s something I can’t turn down happy to add it to the fleet.
Market Value Selling Price is MVSP, not MSRP.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
The dealer add on is what's making the deal sour. Does it have AC? You can order a new one for that money.

Sponsored

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
With MSRP at $41k for a base Jeep, this all looks like funny-money to me. $10k off is admirable. For reference, I paid $24k for a brand new 2-door Sport S with a 6-speed, 3.73's and a hardtop back in 2012. Ages ago.

However, add-ons and dealer processing fees are such a joke. I don't pay them and sometimes that means shopping elsewhere. We have a set $200 doc fee here in WA state and that's all I'm willing to pay. Taxes and registration are what they are, and I don't need additional fluff from the dealer. Remove the fee, I'll buy today, and that statement has resulted in a handshake and advancing towards signatures more often than not.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fun ones!
The easiest way to look at this is to is to compare total price (NOT including taxes and licensing as the dealer has no direct control of this) to MSRP. They can do whatever they want with the buckets. Typically a good deal when ordering from one of the bigger dealers works its way to about 10-12% off MSRP. I'm too lazy to do the math for the OP, but this is basic stuff folks. Everyone saying they're not paying for nitrogen or whatever is missing the bigger picture. They could discount the vehicle $20k and charge $5k for nitrogen. It really doesn't matter. What is the delta between what you're paying (not including taxes and license) and MSRP. That simple. They could charge $1k per yellow ducky. None of it matters.

Ironhorse

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Rubicon x 3.6. 6speed
I would not pay for all those “extras”. Other than that. Good

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Verify the price with your options on the Jeep website.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rate my deal - 2024 Sport base 1711710826266-oi

mcaltitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Jeep JLUR, '21 BMW X5 x45e
Occupation
Software Weenie
$41,655 - I posted a picture of the deal breakdown on the original thread just now. Not looking for a pat on the back. Looking for a killer deal, I don’t need another vehicle right now but if it’s something I can’t turn down happy to add it to the fleet.
I’m truly confused. Ratbert’s pricing thread shows what dealers are doing markdown wise. You should know what your cost of capital and return on investment terms are. Doesn’t seem like you’re trying to make money by flipping a “killer” deal. What are you looking for? What’s your objective with purchasing the vehicle?

Spending $100K on a vehicle is a killer deal if it gives you everything you want experience wise. I spent $63K on my JLUR and my dog loves it. Worth every penny. Am I making money on it? No. Would I buy something and put it in the garage because I got a killer deal? Also no. I know it’s counter intuitive to humans these days, but you don’t save money by spending money. Rarely is a vehicle a good investment. And rarely do people buy what they need which sounds like your position. Sure seems like you want a pat on the back. All the info you need to assess value is available to you and you’re not sharing enough details to help people understand the variables you are placing weight on.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
^^^This^^^

A starting price for a bone stock Sport that doesn't even have power windows shouldn't be 41K. It looks like they started you high and then offered discounts that make it seem like it's a better deal than it is. It's like businesses that slowly raise their prices before a Black Friday sale...

OP
OP

JLstephen1991

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
thanks - already did this and it matches the msrp. It’s a JLU sport with auto
^^^This^^^

A starting price for a bone stock Sport that doesn't even have power windows shouldn't be 41K. It looks like they started you high and then offered discounts that make it seem like it's a better deal than it is. It's like businesses that slowly raise their prices before a Black Friday sale...
It’s a bone stock JLU with automatic transmission. It is 41.6k…

OP
OP

JLstephen1991

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I’m truly confused. Ratbert’s pricing thread shows what dealers are doing markdown wise. You should know what your cost of capital and return on investment terms are. Doesn’t seem like you’re trying to make money by flipping a “killer” deal. What are you looking for? What’s your objective with purchasing the vehicle?

Spending $100K on a vehicle is a killer deal if it gives you everything you want experience wise. I spent $63K on my JLUR and my dog loves it. Worth every penny. Am I making money on it? No. Would I buy something and put it in the garage because I got a killer deal? Also no. I know it’s counter intuitive to humans these days, but you don’t save money by spending money. Rarely is a vehicle a good investment. And rarely do people buy what they need which sounds like your position. Sure seems like you want a pat on the back. All the info you need to assess value is available to you and you’re not sharing enough details to help people understand the variables you are placing weight on.
my definition of a killer deal is not losing money if I want to turn around get get rid of it. That’s what anyone’s interpretation of a deal is and why so many people spend time in this section of the forum. To pay as little as possible. A car is a mass produced luxury and you can find any car out there with as many or as little options as you’d like. Congrats on your dog liking it but he wouldn’t care if it was a Jeep or Hyundai sonata to be honest…
Sponsored