Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,
I just thought I would have a bit of fun with this; so what is your preferred style of waving?

I wonder if different countries do it differently or even states?

Thanks for reading and the vote.

MIne is usually full hand throught the windscreen.

Keep Jeepin'
Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
All of the above followed by nothing in return... It's OK though because making friends on the trails is way more satisfying than returned waves in the suburbs...

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
What the heck is a hat-tip type out the window, or hat-tip type at all? Take your hat off in a vehicle, you barbarian!

Also, you forgot the "gnarly", shaka thumb and pinky waggle sign. Only other white Wranglers, or acceptably gnarly vintage vehicles receive that.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
What the heck is a hat-tip type out the window, or hat-tip type at all? Take your hat off in a vehicle, you barbarian!

Also, you forgot the "gnarly", shaka thumb and pinky waggle sign. Only other white Wranglers, or acceptably gnarly vintage vehicles receive that.
I skateboarded for years and forgot this one!

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase

No hat really, just the finger to the head as if you had a hat on. Wearing a hat in a wrangler I just can't do. The headrest is too high!

Shaka now added.

Sponsored

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
Depends on the factors. If the windows down it's full hand out the window. If the windows up it's peace sign from the steering wheel.

Now my wife is both hands full on lunatic as seen through the windshield. I tell her people think she's having a seizure but it draws smiles and laughs.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
My wife and oldest son read one article on the Jeep wave and are now convinced that it is everyone's responsibility in the vehicle to offer a wave consisting of a "vigorous side-to-side motion" of one or both hands. Even though there are many that don't return the wave, we just have fun with it.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
No hat really, just the finger to the head as if you had a hat on. Wearing a hat in a wrangler I just can't do. The headrest is too high!

Shaka now added.

I gotcha. Thanks for the explanation, I didn't know people did that. I would have seen it as implying "We're both mental" if I ever saw it, not a mimed hat tip. I'm peace sign out window or off the steering wheel.

I redact the no hats while driving thing. Either that or I'm a barbarian. I don't think a wool watch cap with windows down in the winter counts, but I just remembered that I do wear a shiny aluminized ball cap to protect my shiny non-aluminized pate in another convertible during the summer.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
It depends:
  • If doors are on, just a two finger wave. I usually give a head nod without thinking about it if they waved first.
  • If doors are off I usually give a wave out the side
  • If I actually see another yella I wave enthusiastically like a five year old:LOL:

Sponsored

Nvrmor

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi on order
Occupation
Brandt power unit operator
Other: duces down out the side (doors almost always off) a carry over from when I’m on 2 wheels
Jeep Wrangler JL Your waving style 1617984535466

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
The other day I was driving my wife's car and I mistakingly waved at a Gladiator near Gundagai!