Sponsored

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Which MyCar location was that, and how did you manage that? I was there for the same tyres today but the best they offered was 450!
I didn’t go to physical store. Done it via their online chat.
google someone with good price. Then send the link to them to match the price.
for example:
https://www.luxurywheel.com.au/shop/bfgoodrich-285x75x17-121-118q-km3/
They increased theirs recently.

I think 450 is a stand price. Both Jaxtyre and Bobjane offer that.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
I like the stock wheels on rubicon..
But I did some research on aftermarket wheels. Like the lift, we can only increase wheel width by 1 inch, and track width by 50mm (that means can change +44 to +19) without engineer certification.

I also find certifier won't do wheels for you. That means there is no way we can have 0 offset wheels legally?

Is that correct? Or have any of you done that?

i really like nomad wheels and Hutchinson wheels....

Sponsored

shep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1976 LJ80
They look great. What do they rub on?
It’s such a slight rub that I haven’t actually had a look. Will be fitting a winch in the next few days so will see if I can spot what the tyre is touching.

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
It’s such a slight rub that I haven’t actually had a look. Will be fitting a winch in the next few days so will see if I can spot what the tyre is touching.
It'll be the lower control arms, mine does the same with 305/70R17, an adjustable panhard has pretty much got rid of it as I centered the axle perfectly after the lift and it it now so minimal I'm going to leave it.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
I fitted 295/70/17 maxxis razr to mine on the stock wheels with no lift, rubs a tiny bit on full lock.

Jeep Wrangler JL What tyres do you plan to run on your JL in Oz A92A234F-CF80-4243-B2EE-37E596000FBC
The colour coded light bar mount looks great. Did you have to do anything special to paint it? Mine is still sitting in a box in the garage. Not sure whether to high fill it and make it smooth or just paint over the powder coat.

shep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1976 LJ80
The colour coded light bar mount looks great. Did you have to do anything special to paint it? Mine is still sitting in a box in the garage. Not sure whether to high fill it and make it smooth or just paint over the powder coat.
I just gave it a wipe over with turps and hit it with a cheap
spray can from supercheap autos. If it doesn’t stick I will
get it blasted and powder coated.

Jeepster_Aus

First Name
Renier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
No offroad pics yet, just had the new tyres fitted today - Falken Wildpeak AT3W in a 285/70R17.

I'm getting slight rubbing on a tight turn (full lock only), I think the wheels are touching the edges of the plastic trim pieces behind the front bullbar - will be removing these.
EDIT: on taking another look it appears the wheels are just touching the longer swaybar links on the inside at full lock. Might have to think about this some more for a fix.

Quick question... What have you all done to the rubber bumpers on the tailgate? Just squish them down flat, or cut them to a shorter length?

Jeep Wrangler JL What tyres do you plan to run on your JL in Oz C18836D7-1CC4-44B3-9284-6C471E2E658D
Sponsored

Last edited: