Sponsored

XG Cargo any good?

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have had the gamma bag for a few months. Sad to say that they are not holding up. I have 1 bag that holds 2 shackles and 1 tree saver strap. There is now a tear where the bag is near the rollbar. I reached out to XG Cargo since they are supposed to have a 3 year warranty.

Hr3dhOq.jpg

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Current situation.

I also got their bags that air above the roll bar and took them off after a week of rattling and not holding their shape.

18F234E3-A3D8-4D28-B752-E4690D047024.jpeg
Did you secure the bottom straps? I have a canvasback dog cover that won't let you access to them

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you secure the bottom straps? I have a canvasback dog cover that won't let you access to them
i did secure some. they are not specifically for the JL as there are no clear homes for the clips. so only 2 of the 4 straps do any good.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had the Magellan bags since they came out. The only downside is they are limited to 10lbs, which I suspect is due to their use of plastic cam-lock style buckles. I’ve already broken one of those buckles.

However, I bought a Sea to Summit buckle repair kit to fix it.
https://seatosummitusa.com/collecti...pair-replacement-buckle?variant=7896093917212

IMO, the 10lb weight limit is likely due to the use of the cam-lock buckles. Replacing them with this one may strengthen the whole thing.

StovallH

First Name
Hyman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Forester
Does anybody know if the gama bags and the vector offroad GGB cargo basket for the JL work together. Do they interfere with each other in anyway?

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
Does anybody know if the gama bags and the vector offroad GGB cargo basket for the JL work together. Do they interfere with each other in anyway?
I have the Gama bags and the Vector Offroad Highland Platform (basically the GGB without the high sides) and the two work perfectly with each other. Based on how mine sits the GGB shouldn't present an issue. The Gama bags and the platform are by far the best things I've added to my JLU so far.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
I had an issue with my Gama bag on the passenger side, I may have put too much in it, but I contacted XG and they sent a full replacement set of the Gen 2 bags. I really love companies that stand by there product. There was no back and forth, just wanted a brief explanation of the problem and my assessment of how it happened.

IMG_20200130_052004.jpg

DaveN007

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the roll bar bags in my two door. They are great. High quality. No noise. They are the “Recon”. This is actually a good pic because they are just “there” and out of the way. Great use of space.

8E7594CB-9C52-4148-87E4-9BA2DEEE0F7A.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

DaveN007

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have the Recons? https://xgcargo.com/products/recon

How's the storage capacity though? Adding blind spots would be my only concern.
Do you have these? https://xgcargo.com/products/magellan-sportsbar-bags

Says they fit the 4 door JL and JK, but if they work for the 2 door, I may be interested in them over the Recons.
I have these: https://xgcargo.com/products/recon?...utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=map&ref=yotpo_8

The Recon.

DaveN007

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase