First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Not my thing. I do not judge. I am sure people look at my Ram build and say why? I was feeling that at the moment. I did not think about it long enough. Glad the kid totaled it and wasn't hurt. Now I have all my time to think about my '98 TJ Sport build and my '18 JLU Sahara build. Heaven on 4x4 wheels x2.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Must be someone in Florida. Even though I'm from Florida myself I'm not surprised when I see crap like this, it's the norm down here. But I'd have to agree top 3 worst mods:

1. Angry bird grill
2. lowered
3. any wheels over 20", and if you're out of Florida...any wheels over 18"
I think bumpernutz should be on this list as well. Thankfully the fad has died down, but I have seen them on a JL :(

Cutterwolf

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL, 1963 Ford Fairlane, 2012 Honda Civic EXL
Must be someone in Florida. Even though I'm from Florida myself I'm not surprised when I see crap like this, it's the norm down here. But I'd have to agree top 3 worst mods:

1. Angry bird grill
2. lowered
3. any wheels over 20", and if you're out of Florida...any wheels over 18"

20" is still too big for most... :)

Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR Manager
The mullet of rims / tires... business on the tread, party in the middle
What's up Cav. I am an Engineer currently deployed. I cannot wait to get back and be "that WTF guy"! lol!

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR Manager
I think bumpernutz should be on this list as well. Thankfully the fad has died down, but I have seen them on a JL :(
you mean trucknutz. It was a WTF the first sighting, a little funny, then kinda disgusting. I do not want to see your truck balls. Now I have the impression you have a small wanker. because you are dragging your nutz..

Sponsored

Crawdad1028

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 6 speed with rubi axles, lockers, RCVs, trusses, and 5.13s
Vehicle Showcase
Ok Ok, but this monstrosity has gotten me thinking... what if he were to take that idea and role with it 110%... make a hot rod. a full proper hot rod, engine swap and everything, forget about off roading with it. I am saying a hot rod in a jeep body... Yes it would be a completely useless vehicle.. but could it look awesome as a show vehicle?
I have always had a curiosity about this. Mainly thinking auto cross type street racing. I know a solid front axle is fundamentally wrong for the application but I still want to see it. Lol I can’t lie I freaking love the slammed Willy’s Jeep rods.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Well, it is in the south. Aren't we are the ones the introduced the "Carolina Squat" to the world? :rock:

48039922167_821fddef28.jpg
squat by
I went down to Myrtle a month or so, and I kid you not, on the strip I saw this on about 50 trucks within first hour.

I was like :facepalm:

I do love the definition in the urban dictionary (These words are not my own):

carolina squat
F****t rich wannabee rednecks raise the front of their trucks and simultaneously lower the back resulting in a large rake. Also they try fit the biggest tires possible. Usually found in NC/SC and across the south.

It renders the truck completely useless for carrying any weight as well as dangerous because of reduced visibility over the hood and the headlights pointing at the sky. It is arguable that it also reduces the braking ability of the front brakes (the front brakes do most of the brake work on a vehicle) do to a shift in weight toward the rear.

by suck my cawk November 24, 2012

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I went down to Myrtle a month or so, and I kid you not, on the strip I saw this on about 50 trucks within first hour.

I was like :facepalm:

I do love the definition in the urban dictionary (These words are not my own):

carolina squat
F****t rich wannabee rednecks raise the front of their trucks and simultaneously lower the back resulting in a large rake. Also they try fit the biggest tires possible. Usually found in NC/SC and across the south.

It renders the truck completely useless for carrying any weight as well as dangerous because of reduced visibility over the hood and the headlights pointing at the sky. It is arguable that it also reduces the braking ability of the front brakes (the front brakes do most of the brake work on a vehicle) do to a shift in weight toward the rear.

by suck my cawk November 24, 2012
I agree Dustin, they are quite a few in the Myrtle Beach area. That's where I saw my first, and then many more. I even saw a nice Tahoe with the squat. Quite stupid. Thank goodness it's against the law in North Carolina to raise, or lower your vehicle if the headlights cannot be adjusted to the proper level. The squat won't allow for that with the amount rake it causes in most cases.
Sponsored