OP
Chris Hall

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
Got so caught up in my little tax-explainer that I forgot to ask my question... Has anybody definitively heard whether the 4xe is eligible for Affiliate (e.g., Tread Lightly) pricing? A couple local dealers have said FCA is no-go on it (including one who honored Tread Lightly on my first JL). Curious if others have heard the same...
In the official press release, Jeep included information about the $7500 federal credit.
The wording on the IRS website:
“For vehicles acquired after December 31, 2009, the credit is equal to $2,500 plus, for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least 5 kilowatt hours of capacity, $417, plus an additional $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity in excess of 5 kilowatt hours. The total amount of the credit allowed for a vehicle is limited to $7,500.” So there’s nothing that should prevent it from qualifying. I wouldn’t think Jeep would put the wording in the press release if it wasn’t official.
Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
So to recap, everyone stop paying their taxes and well all get 7500 bonus checks :)

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
So there’s nothing that should prevent it from qualifying. I wouldn’t think Jeep would put the wording in the press release if it wasn’t official.
Hi Chris, I don't think his question was about the federal tax credit. He was asking about the Tread Lightly discount. I don't know what the FCA official stance is toward Tread Lightly and the 4xe but, in any case, dealer participation is voluntary and some dealerships may decline.

Later,
Johnny

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
In the official press release, Jeep included information about the $7500 federal credit.
The wording on the IRS website:
“For vehicles acquired after December 31, 2009, the credit is equal to $2,500 plus, for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least 5 kilowatt hours of capacity, $417, plus an additional $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity in excess of 5 kilowatt hours. The total amount of the credit allowed for a vehicle is limited to $7,500.” So there’s nothing that should prevent it from qualifying. I wouldn’t think Jeep would put the wording in the press release if it wasn’t official.
I might've caused some confusion. I'm aware that it qualifies for the tax credit, but I'm more curious about the FCA Affiliate discount (i.e., 1% below invoice). Vehicles need to be marked as eligible for that no-haggle pricing tier by FCA, and the dealers are telling me the 4xe isn't.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I might've caused some confusion. I'm aware that it qualifies for the tax credit, but I'm more curious about the FCA Affiliate discount (i.e., 1% below invoice). Vehicles need to be marked as eligible for that no-haggle pricing tier by FCA, and the dealers are telling me the 4xe isn't.
They are correct that the 4xe is not currently eligible for FCA ARs, but it probably will be eventually. The JT wasn't originally part of the program, nor was the Pacifica hybrid or the GC Trackhawk, but all became eligible relatively soon thereafter.
It is interesting to note that the Fiat 500e hybrid (gen 1) or full-electric (gen 2) never became eligible, but it is no longer sold in the US.

Screenshot_20201229-115732_Drive.jpg

Sponsored

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
They are correct that the 4xe is not currently eligible for FCA ARs, but it probably will be eventually. The JT wasn't originally part of the program, nor was the Pacifica hybrid or the GC Trackhawk, but all became eligible relatively soon thereafter.
It is interesting to note that the Fiat 500e hybrid (gen 1) or full-electric (gen 2) never became eligible, but it is no longer sold in the US.

Screenshot_20201229-115732_Drive.jpg
Thank you very much for confirming!

Off the top of your head, do you know how "relatively soon" those other vehicles became eligible? Seems I've got anywhere from six to a billion months before I take delivery of my Bronco, and that extra discount could be the final piece that nudges me back into another Jeep instead...

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe

Off the top of your head, do you know how "relatively soon" those other vehicles became eligible? Seems I've got anywhere from six to a billion months before I take delivery of my Bronco, and that extra discount could be the final piece that nudges me back into another Jeep instead...
I am on the same boat, have a first day Bronco reservation, with all the hardtop delays, mediocre interior options etc.. 4xe looks like a better option...

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

The Gladiator took about 4 months, the Pacifica was closer to 2 years, with the Trackhawk somewhere in between (18 mos?).
I believe it really is a question of supply and demand combined with actual profit margin. I think FCA would actually be willing to sell the 4xe at a loss to gain market share and CAFE credits if they can produce enough of them.

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have Wrangler 4XE Pricing.
The pricing is significantly better than I was originally thinking...47K for Sahara and 51K for Rubicon is really reasonable as a starting point, especially since they have to start recouping all of their development costs.

OP
OP
Chris Hall

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
The pricing is significantly better than I was originally thinking...47K for Sahara and 51K for Rubicon is really reasonable as a starting point, especially since they have to start recouping all of their development costs.
This is pure speculation on my part. It may be cheaper to take the hit to the books and sell these if it keeps them from continuing to pay out CAFE fines. It may be the cheaper of two expenses.

Sponsored

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Sahara 4xE
Is it possible to order the 4xe Sahara or Rubicon with the Tan soft top? I'm confused if the initial 4xe is a trim beyond base model versions. Seems to come with a hardtop?

We basically just want a white Sahara or Rubicon with 4xe drivetrain, painted fenders and the tan soft top from factory. Everything else we're going with aftermarket parts.

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Is it possible to order the 4xe Sahara or Rubicon with the Tan soft top? I'm confused if the initial 4xe is a trim beyond base model versions. Seems to come with a hardtop?

We basically just want a white Sahara or Rubicon with 4xe drivetrain, painted fenders and the tan soft top from factory. Everything else we're going with aftermarket parts.
Based on the order guide Tan top is an option, refer to page 23.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/4-door-12-4-20-pdf.401774/

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler 4XE Pricing 1609453214206

2leegit

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Is this correct? To get Sting Grey/ Hydro Blue/ or Nacho, you have to order the Body-color-hardtop?

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
Is this correct? To get Sting Grey/ Hydro Blue/ or Nacho, you have to order the Body-color-hardtop?
I placed my order for a Nacho Rubicon today and the only choices I had available from Koons Tysons was soft top or body-color hard top. Have to have a hard top, so that's what I'll have. Went for the black plastic normal fender flares though. Hope that doesn't look silly.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I placed my order for a Nacho Rubicon today and the only choices I had available from Koons Tysons was soft top or body-color hard top. Have to have a hard top, so that's what I'll have. Went for the black plastic normal fender flares though. Hope that doesn't look silly.
This is correct. Only top not available is the black top at least on the Rubicon.
Sponsored