Worried about overheating

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys and a 2010 Rubicon
Of course I ordered a 2022 Rubicon Extreme Recon Package with the v6 e torque automatic transmission. First time ever going automatic. I worry about overheating the transmission when off road is there anything I can do to avoid this as i want to look after my transmission to avoid expensive repairs. Also I am afraid of going done a steep hill and the Jeep picking up speed and me losing control, of course I am so use to the manual transmission and having better control of my speed is there any way I can replicate this with the automatic please advise by the way I haven’t received it , it will be probably be next year , I just like to have some knowledge of what to do with the automatic off road and preserved it the best way I can
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Rachel,
Selec-Speed Control is a feature you might be interested in using on descents.

Alternate intel:

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Of course I ordered a 2022 Rubicon Extreme Recon Package with the v6 e torque automatic transmission. First time ever going automatic. I worry about overheating the transmission when off road is there anything I can do to avoid this as i want to look after my transmission to avoid expensive repairs. Also I am afraid of going done a steep hill and the Jeep picking up speed and me losing control, of course I am so use to the manual transmission and having better control of my speed is there any way I can replicate this with the automatic please advise by the way I haven’t received it , it will be probably be next year , I just like to have some knowledge of what to do with the automatic off road and preserved it the best way I can
Don't worry about your transmission, I live and wheel very close to Death Valley and have never overheated it, even offroading in 118f weather. Hill descent control works very well, your Jeep will have it and the owners manual will explain how to use it.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I don’t even know what that is and how to use it does it come with the vehicle
Have a look at the video embedded in my post. Yes, it should be on your Rube when you receive it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't worry about your transmission, I live and wheel very close to Death Valley and have never overheated it, even offroading in 118f weather. Hill descent control works very well, your Jeep will have it and the owners manual will explain how to use it.
Thanks for this it is just a big step for me now in my fifties first time ever going to automatic

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Use manual mode to lock into a certain gear off road. Especially useful on downhill descents.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Okay thanks for this
No problem. M1/4 Low will keep you pretty slow. Brakes can easily bring you to a stop before you get going too fast. Hill Descent Mode works well too once you play with it and figure it out. Used both methods in Moab a few weeks back on a JL Rubicon rental.

OP
OP

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem. M1/4 Low will keep you pretty slow. Brakes can easily bring you to a stop before you get going too fast. Hill Descent Mode works well too once you play with it and figure it out. Used both methods in Moab a few weeks back on a JL Rubicon rental.
Okay thank you for this information
Sponsored